thinking about reverse

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exmark93

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm gonna come out and admit it, I'm terrible with driving r/c, because of this i always have to pull my maxx out of situations, my quesiton is, is the reverse worth it or is it just gonna break within 5 hours of installing it

I'm gonna come out and admit it, I'm terrible with driving r/c, because of this i always have to pull my maxx out of situations, my quesiton is, is the reverse worth it or is it just gonna break within 5 hours of installing it

Anybody I've talked to locally about reverse says if it was in something they bought, it would be the first thing pulled out. It's just one more thing to go wrong.

I've had trucks with reverse that work very well and others that don't. The T-Maxx was one that always gave me trouble but I have seen other Maxxes that seemed to work well.

I would just leave it forward only and hone your driving skills. Plus if you've got that 'spare tire' like me, then it's good exercise running over to your rig before it quits. ;)

+1. I'd rather improve my driving skills then the time it takes to split the tranny to replace gears.

I would just leave it forward only and hone your driving skills. Plus if you've got that 'spare tire' like me, then it's good exercise running over to your rig before it quits. ;)

^^What he said. Not having reverse will make you a better driver, because you don't want to have to run back and forth all the time.

I could use the exercise too.

I kinda like the reverse in my truck but i use it for my boat trailer from whitebone that hauls my villain ex so i need it to back in and out of water works great i think but then again it may not be worth the time to rip it all apart

i have just baught a second hand 2.5 t max got this morning she fired up but there was no drive after searching around all day and phoning loads of model shops they all said it sounds like its stuck in between forwerd and reverse gear and a new gearbox is around £40 so i would stick with just the forwerd m8 and we all have to chase our trucks around all part of the fun LOL :)

^^What he said. Not having reverse will make you a better driver, because you don't want to have to run back and forth all the time.

I could use the exercise too.

aint it bugger when you do get to it then it cuts out lol

You don't have to split the case to abandon reverse. Just take the servo off and mount the rod to the frame so it can't move back and forth. Will shed some weight and keep from flipping to reverse at 40mph :whhooo:

I'm going to be removing my reverse gear. having a problem with mine that if i select reverse, it will get stuck in there, can't even pull it out by hand, gear box if all ok so not sure why it keeps getting stuck

sam

I'm going to be removing my reverse gear. having a problem with mine that if i select reverse, it will get stuck in there, can't even pull it out by hand, gear box if all ok so not sure why it keeps getting stuck

sam

mine did that to ....took it apart and cleaned it ...havent had problems with it since

before it messed about i rebuilt the box and fitted a new shift fork, its perectly clean inside, i tested and it was working fine, when using i selecter reverse, it went in and wont come back out, i shouldnt need to use it, so I'm removing it

before it messed about i rebuilt the box and fitted a new shift fork, its perectly clean inside, i tested and it was working fine, when using i selecter reverse, it went in and wont come back out, i shouldnt need to use it, so I'm removing it

exact same as mine did ....where the shaft for the shift fork goes through the trans casing ...there is a little ball bearing that comes down on the shaft and kinda holds it by the grooves in the shaft ....thats probably whats causing it to get stuck ...if it gets stuck on me again , I'm thinking of removing the small ball bearing ...

but its your choice ;) i just like having reverse on it ..opens the door to do a few more stunts than just having forward :D

reverse sucks! it will work for a while but after a full big jumps and wrecks it will not shift very good.

You don't have to split the case to abandon reverse. Just take the servo off and mount the rod to the frame so it can't move back and forth. Will shed some weight and keep from flipping to reverse at 40mph :whhooo:

You will not see any of the real benefits by doing this. Eliminating the extra rotating mass and junk inside the tranny is where the strength is gained.