thinking about going electric plzzz help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baz2003uk

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
just been offered a e revo 1/10
its just had fitted
mtroniks brushless system in the last few weeks

comes with
fustion lx41bp pro ac/dc balance charger
overland sport 7.4v 3900mah 25c lipo batt's * 2
charging bag?
2.4 receiver

few other bits n bobs

what kind of money would be a good offer to my mate's mate without taking the p1ss lol

and can anyone give me a low down on theses brushless systems with lipo batt's

what kind of run time and charge time would i be looking at

cheers baz

well thats made my mind up

stick with the nitro as there is more help and advise on that part of the forum lol

cheers all

You gotta give some time for them to answer. Alot of noobs will chime in but theyre not the 1's you wanna listen to.

I'm a nitro guy myself but a Revo, brushless w/ charger, bag and battery - If its not beat to living hell - try $250

Worst tey will say is no!

A brushless set-up with LiPo batteries will give you better acceleration than the stock nitro engine will. It also has the advantage of not being as messy as nitro also. With those batteries, you can expect about 10 minutes of run time.

The LiPos should never be run completely down, as this is bad for them. Most ESCs made in the past few years have a low voltage cut-off to prevent this.

Definatly read up on proper use for lipo batteries, if done wrong can result in a firey explosion (litterally). That charge bag, is for you to put your pack in when its charging, so if by some bad dream that it explodes, that bag will let it burn then smother itself saving your house.

Before making a solid offer, ask him questions like, how old is this rig? Has it ever been broken or does it need anything, and for heaven sakes TRIPLE or QUAD check any off-road basher because these are mean machines and will show problems. You can also, you should drive it around, and then hand turn the wheels with power off and listen to the gears. Rotate tires for bad bearings and just simple things that can lead to loss of interest in the electric/hobby .

Hope this helps, I'm tired of typing lol..

And if all checks out where its a nice looking buy, I would throw down no more than $400

Last edited:
I wouldnt go more than $275 USD personally. Although it kind of depends. Id give no value for the Lipos as Id replace them with something bigger. I may add a little more if he is offering a high end charger with it (not familiar with the fustion lx41bp pro) and I would add or maybe subtract from that amount based on the condition the kit is in.