Thinking about a Team Losi LST 2...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tuckman

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey, I'm just looking into a losi LST 2 and i already have a savage so how would it compare and is it a good truck cos throughout this forum the Losi LST and HPI Savage seem to be the domonant truck favourites...

The LST2 will be a LARGE improvement in handling over the Savage. The savage can take a major beating. But so can the LST2, and it just drives better.

I have driven both but own an LST2 and love the way it handles even when I give it a thrashing.

I have both and I like both. Well, I have an aftershock that is heavily modified and a savage that is also pretty heavily modified.

The LST does handle much better than the savage for turning and general handling. The drive train holds up really well, especially if you get the HD diff cups. My aftershock is still running the original gears in the trans and diffs. My center axles are also original. I have to have at least 12 gallons through the chassis, with 4-5 of those being a LRP28. I had installed the Losi HD diff cups last winter with 50K oil in them. The cups had a bit of wear where the x-pins sit and that was after around 8 gallons of run time.

There are only 2 things on the LST* I don't care for.

1) The steering assembly. Your forced to use servo mounted savers and if you try to run a single good servo, you run the risk of having binding/bending issues in the steering linkage.

2) The chassis rails can be a bit fragile. I broke 4 sets over the course of 8 months. They all broke between the center and front. Last winter I made a skid plate that connects the center to the front and I beat the crap out of it last year without a single chassis rail breaking on me.

Keep in mind that mines an aftershock and I upgraded the shocks to LST2 shocks, the 2 speed to LST2 two speed, the engine brace to a dynamite one, RPM arms and lunsford turnbuckles all around. So, I avoided some of the issues my buddies have with busting arms, engine braces and turnbuckles on the LST2's.

I pretty much beat both my savage and aftershock the same.

The savage is my second savage and it's a bit new to me again. I didn't have one for a few years and just got this one late last season, so mostly I've ran it in the snow. There's a feeling I get when I run the savage though, a feeling of brute force that I don't feel when driving my aftershock. When I run my aftershock, I feel more like a racer. I know it sounds stupid... but that's how I feel.

Back