The waiting game

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ericehess

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
So I bought a cheap wltoy rock crawler a couple months ago for my 5 y/o son. Was pretty cool..went 30mph. My kid shows some real talent on the sticks..was ripping skid turns and drifts on our gravel road. Unfortunately ESC fried after a week. Decided to upgrade to metal pinion/spur gears, large tires and brushless motor. Wltoys escs are also receivers so turned out needed new receiver/servo/transmitter as well. Waited a few weeks for parts and servo wont fit so had to modify and cut some body off and zip tie it down. So the new motor and esc and receiver arrive..servo works great but new esc is poop and wont calibrate. Another 2 weeks..new esc comes..get it calibrated and we are in business..thing rips 40+mph
..for a week. Differential gears strip out. Now waiting on new metal diffs. Been a waiting game..When all said and done will be a 400 dollar vehicle..been fun..definetly has gotten me into RC! Now I want some quality vehicles to sink more money into!

You have been bitten by the bug..... ;)

You have been bitten by the bug..... ;)
Dam right I have. Or rebitten..my many tyco rc blasters as a kid and watching RC races at Southwick American Legion put the virus in. Didnt have the money to get hobby grade as a kid. Not sure I do now but what the hell..men are just big kids right. Thanks for the reply.

welcome to the world of RC addiction its great.Id look at the Arrma's (3s or 4s) people like them and there not a cash cow. I still love my Losi scte v1 -3 got a 3500kv in it with a xr8 run mostly 2 cells but every now n then run a 3 cells for 3 minutes at a time .gotta let it cool down..lol have fun I always do....

welcome to the world of RC addiction its great.Id look at the Arrma's (3s or 4s) people like them and there not a cash cow. I still love my Losi scte v1 -3 got a 3500kv in it with a xr8 run mostly 2 cells but every now n then run a 3 cells for 3 minutes at a time .gotta let it cool down..lol have fun I always do....
I'll look into them thanks!

Back