The Ugly Truckling

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rolex All I can say is when you are done, if you will ever be done, LOL!! you need to send this thing into one of the RC Mags and get it published, it will make one hell of a readers ride, but better yet I think they could do a whole article on this ride of yours, can't wait to see the chassis when it's all complete...

I can't believe the detail in your work Rolex. You sir are a true craftsman. GREAT JOB!

Rolex,

I don't know what else to say--the craftsmanship and attention to detail that you posess is truly awe inspiring. I doubt anyone outside this forum has ever seen anything quite like it. WOW! WOW! WOW! You need to submit your work to Scale Auto magazine. Do up a scale diorama set around that work of art and you will be a man of legend!

I agree with everyone that said you should get some pics published. Hell you should write a book! Very nice work indeed. If I may suggest one thing....ok 2 things.
I know it's just mocked up but, in your pic the tires seem a bit close to the fender lip. Seems like the tires should sit inboard a tad. Those old trucks had massive wheel wells.
2nd thing is, I remember something my grandpa always had in the back of his pickup. EMPTIES!!! Kinda just crushed in the middle, he always had at least a couple of empties back there. Coors or Hamms I think it was.
I don't mean to sound critical but...well...I AM!!!!
Awsome work Rolex. Just being allowed to look at your pics is an honor.:bow:

I can't reveal the secret, but I have another goody box of scale accessories heading his way, and one of your requests might just be granted.

Yeah, NitroJoe, I only have them mounted on aluminum tubes till I get the frame built. The rears are too far out, and the fronts are too far in, but it will all be corrected. I've already scaled down pictures of beer labels, and I'll be printing them on decal paper. An old pickup without empties? No such thing.

All I can say is thank you so much to all of you for the compliments I've gotten on this thing. It all started out simply, and then I couldn't find the stop point. I'm still open to suggestions, if you can think of something else it needs.
By the way, I'll be cutting out the pickup bed again, lowering it to scale and making inner fender wells for it. To US, it looks fine, but others will wonder why the bed is so high.

This is pretty amazing. I'm from NDak... yeah, not a hilbilly or nething, i actually really dont like those people... but I'm sure if anyone else up here was interested in rc cars than they would buy that in a heartbeat. I'm against the whole old looking crap, but i love it. GREAT JOB!!!

I can't get over how real it looks. Simply amazing. Wish I could see it in person.

Some of the oldest trucks I ever saw, were still running on the farms.

Yeah, I live out on a farm half the time. It's pretty nice having a complete shop and all the room you can dream of... makes for some fun bashing around here...

Damn Bud, I don't know what to say, so I'll just stick with "You're frickin awesome".

I'm Speechless Dude,That is serious talent,I'm looking to get a custom paintjob for a body or two and would be very interested nin talking to you. you could contact me through this forum or EM me at [email protected]. thanks and please just get back to me when you can so maybe we can work somthing out. Sincerely,Phil.

This is one of my favorite builds of all times. Rolex does some "Awesome" scale work.

Looks awesome. I don't think you'll be able to polish up this when your done.:D

One of my favorites. Thank you very much.
Every time I walk past it I realize how much better it looks since there's more dust on it. :hehe:

Okay, who took Rolex and replaced him with a dust-bunny? It was a wonderful thing you did!

Last edited by a moderator:
I fixed it for you. :hehe:

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

This is one of my favorite builds of all times. Rolex does some "Awesome" scale work.
Bite me.
Looks awesome. I don't think you'll be able to polish up this when your done.:D
You too.

I guess Rolex didn't want to be the AWESOMEST dust bunny!

:whhooo: Speechless man. How many hrs you got in to this lid?

Back