the trouble starts...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big jilm

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got the revo all charged up for a good day of bashing and all well broke loose!!!

First- I turned it on this morning and noticed that the servo that controls forward and reverse was acting up. The car wont go in reverse..So I say screw it, it will give me something to fix later.

Well, I get the car warmed up and notice that it wont sit still. Without throtl it is still moving pretty quick.Then the reverse kicks in and doesn't wont to stop.
Well the car ends up dying and wont start. the ez start says the glowplug is bad so I change it and tried to start it. doesn't wont to start and then stops turning over. I pulled the plug thinking the engine was flooded but nothing. I put it back together and it turns over a couple of times and stops again.
I've pulled the plug and tried to drain the engine about 4 times now and it still turns over a coupl of times then stops.

So- I think the servo is shot and the ez start motor apears to be dying.
I looked into the engine when I used the starter and the piston will move but even with the glowplug out it still seems slower turning over than before.

Got any ideas??? Could a bad glowplug make the engine stop turning over???

your battery is dead and either you idle is really high or your clutch shoes are shot

Good call on the battery. I forgot that if you plug the wall charger in first then plug the baterry to it you get a false reading. I reversed the order and it started charging.
Didn't realize how fast the starter battery dies..

It is turning over but not firing. I have 2 glowplugs that look brand new but no start..
Also, when I turned the revo over to fix the flooded engine this time I noticed that the wheels turn when your turning over the engine to get the extra fuel out. Does that indicate the clutch problem you were talking about???

Sorry for the noob questions. I'm looking on the net for answers but you know how that can be...:\

pick up the rig and try to start it in the air if the wheels move when the engine is turning over then your clutch spring is probably broken

yeah, the wheels turn. I'll get a diagram and check the clutch and its parts..
Thanks guys...