The Traxxas Summit ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revo Rancher

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Bought one a couple of months back and it is like an addiction. Once the two 7 cell batt packs die, I'm going LIPO. Probably I will change the receiver then too so I can use my 2.4G transmitter. The Traxxas transmitter and possibly ESC makes for a jerky throttle (response).

Well, off to do some research on aftermarket parts for this thing.

Good to see you! Where the Hell have you been?

lol, busy (as in politics, work). Thanks for remembering me. Also glad to see you are not posting from the Hospital!!!

Yeah, I switched to electric power from nitro, so I could have more time to run them instead of tune them. :hehe:

A lot of members, including me, have gotten into electric projects.
Some have given up nitro entirely. I have 2 Nitros and 7 electrics.
Best of luck with the Summit.

They all get used.

As paper weights and dust attractors.

DUDE!! revo rancher!! welcome back buddy!! post up some pics of what you got man!

DUDE!! revo rancher!! welcome back buddy!! post up some pics of what you got man!

Yeah, I will. I'll put them out on the garage floor this weekend and take a "Group" photo. Pics by Sunday!

Now to go give Fast Eddy some s**t.

Welcome back.

You have posted more here in the last day than Ed has in the last year. LMAO

Welcome back.

You have posted more here in the last day than Ed has in the last year. LMAO

What, semi retirement is not working out for him? Got himself real busy again with his businesses?!? lol. I'll probably see him in fall on may way up to the Oregon Coast this year. Will give him heck then.

Hey, back on subject, are any of the other Summit owners out there using different spring set ups other than the factory installed ones? I want a tighter truck for non-rock climbing runs. I already changed the shock fluid to a higher viscosity, but didn't notice much of a difference. (heck, it never really goes fast enough to really work the shocks anyhow) I think I might just make up a whole second set of shocks, one set for packed dirt running and one for climbing.

I made some changes such as shock oil and springs for my VXl Revo and it made a world of difference.

i had a summit for a short time, and i had to crank down the shock collars to get the rear end to quit bottoming out on little stuff. maybe just cranking them down will help?

didnt you used to have the camera on the blade cp?

I turned the preload down quite a bit on mine to get the ride height up so I wouldn't get stuck in the snow as bad. I can't really say how it will handle in the dry though. I wouldn't expect much different. They are just Revo shocks so I imagine there are firmer shocks available.

I turned the preload down quite a bit on mine to get the ride height up so I wouldn't get stuck in the snow as bad. I can't really say how it will handle in the dry though. I wouldn't expect much different. They are just Revo shocks so I imagine there are firmer shocks available.

Yeah, they are the Revo shocks in the end, so I guess I'll raid my Revo parts bin for the stiffest springs and work my to the softer ones until I find the combo I like best. Given the weight of the Summit versus the Revo, I would think Traxxas would offer Summit specific spring sets, though.

I don't have a Summit, but I do have an ERevo that I setup for strictly on-road racing which requires stiff springs.

Here is a Traxxas spring rate chart.

Revo-spring-chart.jpg

Hmmm, I forgot about the long travel rocker springs. (see what happens when you don't log into RCNT daily!)

I think I will go to my LHS and pick up a set of Purple, Blue, Pink, and Silver springs and see which works best. Maybe a set of shocks (bodies) too and just make up a second set for hard surface running.

Thanks.

Go for the TiN shock set. Gives you the best response and they're preassembled....

Go for the TiN shock set. Gives you the best response and they're preassembled....

Thanks. IIRC, the Summit comes with the TiN shocks, too. My first Gen Revo did not (but has them now :D ).

ETA: Checked the Traxxas web site. Summit has the GTR shocks.

Back