The TC4Drifter Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmygahitscoby

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys,

I felt like posting this here since there are some people interested in drifting now. Anyways, here is my TC4 drifter. It will be my current drifter. I got it when I traded my TT01 drifter. Best deal I've ever done. I'm so close to getting this thing running . Just a few parts below $20 total, and the brushless setup and servo. So here are my plans:

What's on it now:
Factory Team chassis
ITF top plate
Blue alu. camber links
GPM rear alu. hub carriers
HD CVD's
Alu. motor bulkhead
Alu. turn rack
Alu. shocks

Electronics:
Speed Passions Drifter Setup
Futaba BLS 451 HS servo

Hopups I hope to buy:
Front alu. hub carriers
Blue turnbuckles
Carbon fiber driveshaft by Yokomo
Roll bar set
Front and rear carbon fiber shock towers
Spool
One-way

Mods I've done:
Locked rear differential with super glue (Yes, I am a cheapo :hehe:)
Motor Bulkhead top piece replacement with Tamiya piece (The top piece is impossible to find!)

Hopefully I can get this thing running with Christmas coming by, and all the money gifts ;)

And without a further ado, here it is!
DSC_0756.jpg

DSC_0761.jpg

DSC_1582.jpg

DSC_1587.jpg

This thing is going to be beast!

Willing to help? Send a donation to me. You know how hard it is for a kid to earn money ;).
[PAYPAL="[email protected]"]0.00[/PAYPAL]
In return, you will receive more info, status, and updates on this drifter. Anything will be accepted.

Hope you guys enjoy the build. Thanks!
-Coby

Last edited:
I like the blue on black. Good lookin car!

awesome!!! i want to see this baby come to life!!!!

Looks lik it is gonna be a good build! Can't wait to see you scuff off the cast lines on those "tires".

Looks lik it is gonna be a good build! Can't wait to see you scuff off the cast lines on those "tires".

Scuffs ?!?!!?

Haha, thanks guys. I'm in the process of removing the scratches on the chassis, and giving it a little special effect :D.

Yes. When you drift you scuff the tires which will remove the casting line.

Yeah, I know. Hahah I was just kidding around :hehe:.

I can't wait to get this thing running. I still need to shim it :(.

^^no such thing! I wanna see this thing up close!

are you gonna be running lipo???

I was thinking about it, but I'm really concerned about center of weight. With a LiPo, it can throw everything off, and I'm looking for a way to use weights for it to equal the weight of a NiCD, but I would think that would disable to point of a LiPo being lightweight. If I had a chassis like a Pro-D, which has it's battery centered, then yes, a LiPo would be no problem :D.

It certainly is a good looking rig. I played around with drifting for a minute but it just didn't hold my interest.

Just a little update :D.

I bought all the spine stuff and the servo mounts :D. Can't wait for them to come in.

Looking good boy, yes I said boy because you said it's hard for a kid to make money, LOL!!! can't wait to see a video of this thing drifting around, good luck with the continued build....

Thanks man!

So far, I'm working on getting the servo, brushless set, and front C hubs. Considering that the front steering hubs are the cheapest out of them all, all donations will go to buying this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Associated-TC4-...adio_Control_Vehicles?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Yes yes, I am NOT familiar with the brand, but that's what I said with the rear C hubs and they work fine. I don't even thing the front C-hubs will be moving, it's the steering hubs that will be.

All donors shall be thanked :D.

Here's an update :D.

I bought a few things.
Droop gauge
steering rack bearings
new steering bellposts
some screws.

Unfortunately, the screws that said they were 4mm were too small, and the ones that were 5mm were too big. WTF. Will trade them for some 4mm screws.

Also, I'm rebuilding the shocks with 37.5W oil.

Back