The SCT Mud/Dirt/Dust Blower Box

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
After wanting to WP my rig to wash off I came up with a dandy of an idea, so I grabbed my old Savox servo box and went to work. After some cutting, drilling and painting this is what I came up with.

Let me know your .02

Bare with me the blower isnt permanently attached just pushed in so it looks "off" & hasnt the prettiest paint job lol.

It will be mounted on the battery hold down bar up towards to front of the rig, if I could find the bar I would mount and show yall but I can't at the moment

P1060453.jpg

P1060454.jpg

P1060455.jpg

P1060460.jpg

P1060461.jpg

P1060462.jpg

P1060463.jpg

P1060464.jpg

Fin

Mounting it to the battery bar is going to raise you cog, and make it more prone to rolling over

I will make sure with some test runs first but I hope it will be ok its not very tall

You want to try and get all your weight as low as possible, and even from side to side, front to back. If you want a simple way to remove everything, just zip tie the stuff on.

I'll post a pic in a sec

---------- Post added at 5:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:08 PM ----------

f8558f8f.jpg

Take two small zip ties, and the stock ESC mounting screws, run the screws in a couple threads, then pull the ties tight around them. Take the screws out, pull the zip ties one or two clicks, no more than that without test fitting! Put the ESC in, loop the zip ties in the heat sink, put the screws in with the washers and run them down until they are snug around the ties.

---------- Post added at 5:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:18 PM ----------

Oh yea, and the switch on the Castle ESC is pretty weak, and is prone to failure, as well as shutting itself off. I have checked with Castle Creations, and it will not void the warranty to remove the switch and solder the wires together.

Back