The right nitro fuel?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fstnd

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
op1008-211x211.jpg
Hello, i want to put 25% nitro in .28 and .32 engines. I'd like to try optifuel since much people are possitive about it, but is optifuel OH2522SLV the same as OP1008? Maybe this doesn't mean much, but the oh2522slv has a helicopter on it, and the op1008 has cars on it? Is it really the same fuel? The first pic is the op1008 and the pic under is the oh2522slv
oh2522slv-oh2522slv-optifuel-optimix-25-super-slv-.jpg

While they are both 25% nitro fuel, they are not quite the same thing. The heli fuel has 20% oil and the car fuel has 15% oil in it. Most people will tell you that you should run nitro fuel that has between 8-12% oil content. I personally wouldnt use optifuel for that reason but if you're going to use it then you definitely want the OP1008 for cars since it has less oil content than the heli fuel.

I agree with greywolf. I would use a 20/12 blend (12%oil 20% nitro) or a 30/12 blend but if i had to use one or the other i would go with the car one with 15% oil in it

I agree with greywolf. I would use a 20/12 blend (12%oil 20% nitro) or a 30/12 blend but if i had to use one or the other i would go with the car one with 15% oil in it
Do you think this will be a better mix, or is it too less oil?
Screenshot_20230326_131320_Chrome.jpg

I would do 25/9 ,8 to 10 oil content is mostly used for racing I use Bones brew 30/10!
I am not a racer ,but never had issues bashing around with that mixture!..:cool:
Okay thanks! Since shipping is pretty expensive i'll take 10-15L total👍😏 (it is not from my country)

Okay thanks! Since shipping is pretty expensive i'll take 10-15L total👍😏 (it is not from my country)

All nitro fuels is made with VP nitro ,that being said ,different companies blend the fuel with
VP nitro ,an a mixture of synthetic & castor oils ,the synthetic burns cleaner an the castor oil
protects better but leaves a residue ,so companies will mix both to create that perfect balance
in the fuels!
30% & 25% nitro fuels is used world wide in the racing sport ,oil mixture is actually more than what
people think it is by volume ,just because you see a low number in oil content doesn't mean that it
is not enough! So any brand with a good oil ratio between synthetic & castor oil would be good
with a oil content of no more than 12% in my opinion with 30 or 25% nitro!

This vid will explain how the oils work an why!

Back