The other bigger side of Me-Beauty of Aquariums-Must see-Many Big fish's-MFK

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bartek

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay,every one has their own other side,well my one it's bigger then other side...
my one side is a bit of artist,musician (I play 5 string bass but only for fun) and a RC fan but my other side,the bigger side it's all about fish's,I'm just crazy,if I spend all that money on RC rigs that I have spend on Aquariums I would possibly have biggest collection in here :hehe:

Aquarium
200cm X 75cm X 50cm 750 liters
T8 Lighting 55W X 2 Marine Blue and Tropical Pink
Heating- 300W X 2 (some times even 3,depends on weather...)
Filtration- x2 Fluval 405 in series + Koi Filter

Planning on getting custom made aquarium when I move houses... (will only happen if I pay for it :hehe: )
Planned size:
300cm X 100cm X 100cm
Volume:
- About 3000 liters

Years in Hobby-over 4 years of keeping true monsters!
Live Stock:
- two Tiger Oscars over 10" in size,Max size 15"
- two Fire Ells over 8" in Length,Max size 40"
-two Peacock Bass's over 5" in Length,Max size 27"
-Red Tail Catfish over 15" in length,Max size 50" (moved into my friends indoor pond)
-Looking forward to buy Asian or Silver Arowana soon.

Diet:
-Bloodworms
-Shrimps a life or dead
-Mussels
-Special Pellets
-Earthworms
-Bugs
-Brine Shrimp
-Krill
-Smaller Fish's
-Fish fillets
-Maggots
etc...
Pictures/videos aren't in order but I hope that you will enjoy them,more to come.
dscf2670ny8.jpg

dscf2673qa1.jpg

dscf2679ry2.jpg

dscf2682rc1.jpg

dscf2685sx4.jpg

dscf2686re7.jpg

dscf2698wh5.jpg

dscf2707ar0.jpg

dscf2715gy3.jpg

dscf2719td9.jpg

dscf2720wx4.jpg

dscf2739pz7.jpg

dscf2746ki8.jpg

dscf2747cx4.jpg

dscf2750kf2.jpg

dscf2755mf7.jpg

dscf2761pe4.jpg

dscf2764ne4.jpg

dscf2779ew7.jpg

dscf2791vb5.jpg

dscf2798yi0.jpg

dscf2799nz9.jpg

dscf2549pk2.jpg

dscf2553fx5.jpg

dscf2554md6.jpg

dscf2555hv0.jpg

dscf2562rr6.jpg

dscf2565xu7.jpg

dscf2566mn6.jpg

dscf2572ik8.jpg

dscf2584oz1.jpg

dscf2588xo6.jpg

dscf2589cl5.jpg

dscf2619vr8.jpg

dscf2598gp5.jpg

dscf2599xr1.jpg

dscf2600we5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
weird looking fish you got there, i bought an aqaurium from walmart and bought 4 fish, all died in about a week....there still in it...lol.......i think h8z2luze is into fish like that.

yeah lol i noticed fast....bet that tank you have was more than $60 too!!!! lol...cool for sure, i just dont know anything about them.

yeah lol i noticed fast....bet that tank you have was more than $60 too!!!! lol...cool for sure, i just dont know anything about them.

well,my aquarium was a bit more then $60 lol
Aquarium nearly £1000
filters,media,air pumps etc £300
all the wood,sand etc £150
plus about £10 up to £20 for a fish food every month
and monthly bills for water and electricity are a killers...
so far I have speeded about £2000 on this hobby :whhooo:

I like to catch em and fry em. I also have a $2 goldfish from Walmart in my room thats lasted 10 months. I forgot it over spring break and it lasted 9 days with absolutely no food. Cool looking fish though. How did you manage to get Peacock Bass?

I like fishing but I hate to kill them and eat them,it's just horrible to me but I don't mind birds :hehe:

I can gurantee that you will change your mind, if you ever happen to be on this side of the pond. We'll fry up some louisiana cat fish, and you will crave it forever. mmmmm delicious.

I like to catch em and fry em. I also have a $2 goldfish from Walmart in my room thats lasted 10 months. I forgot it over spring break and it lasted 9 days with absolutely no food. Cool looking fish though. How did you manage to get Peacock Bass?

Private import from Amazon Basin farms.
I'm also trying to get a silver arowana soon.

I was thinking, "Damn, that is a hell of a big tank..." Then I read the species list--you gotta have a big a$$ tank for those big a$$ fish!

I still have a small tank (30 Gallon), and have a 55 Gallon in the garage just screaming to be set up. Miss my saltwater setup, but am not home enough to take care of one right now.

BTW--May I make a suggestion? A darker background would do wonders for viewing your fish. Royal Blue is really good if you don't dig Black, and either will add a lot of depth to the tank and make the fish really stand out. You can use a printed background or, as I did with my reef setup, paint the back and side glass black...

Last edited:
those pictures are old,planning to take some fresh one's soon,check out the Video with Peacock Bass's and you will see that I have a black background.

Ah yes, I didn't look at the videos. The black background does wonders, does it not! Nice fish and really nice tank. 700L works out to 198 Gallons. That thing is HUGE!!!

BTW--The freshwater eels really are bad a$$!

Speaking of the Eels if you do get a silver watch them, my mate got one for his tank but his silver kept munching it (man that thing is over a ft long now it looks awesome!) he moved it to another tank but it eventually died from the injuries. He's got a bunch of clown larches / silver sharks etc in there too but for some reason they are fine it really didn't like the eel.
Those Oscar's are awesome too - haven't seen tiger one's do they play nice with everything else in the tank? I had heard they were also pretty agressive :)

Speaking of the Eels if you do get a silver watch them, my mate got one for his tank but his silver kept munching it (man that thing is over a ft long now it looks awesome!) he moved it to another tank but it eventually died from the injuries. He's got a bunch of clown larches / silver sharks etc in there too but for some reason they are fine it really didn't like the eel.
Those Oscar's are awesome too - haven't seen tiger one's do they play nice with everything else in the tank? I had heard they were also pretty agressive :)

Arowana that I will be getting will be about 20cm long so it's big enough to not be eaten but not too big so I can learn it to eat foods that I serve them,to the aggression it all depends how fish have been raised and if it was kept on it's own and the eels have too many places to hide so no worries about that

You can get many types of Oscars,there are many different to choose from,there is Red,Tiger,Albino,Black,Green,Yellow...,they aren't aggressive if they have been raised like I raised my one's,don't feed it with feeders live every day and it wont be aggressive and also keep it with smaller fish's while it's growing and that helps a alot but aquarium size it's very important as well,recommended minimum size is 200l and 300l for two oscars,well I have over double it :hehe:

I used to be crazy into fish had 6 tanks 250 gal, 125 gal, 3 x 75 gal. mainly cichlids and I was one of the founding member at worldcichlids.com. had lots of tigers also here are a few pics.

Last edited:
Back