The HPI Savage Wheelie Bar

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMaxxin

SLAP YA MAMA
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Has anyone else tried it? I bought an HPI wheelie bar for the Savage about 3 weeks ago and have been punishing it since then. Everything is made of plastic instead of aluminum and the result is a better wheelie bar IMO. This bar has survived multiple cartwheel crashes, ass end landings from around 8 ft or so, and never looses it's shape like aluminum. It took less than 10 minutes to go from the pack onto the truck. it also comes with two wheels, large and small...The larger one keeps the front a little lower than the small one. My Savage now rides nice long wheelies in the grass or on the road without tearing the body. For under $20.00 you can't go wrong with this wheelie bar.

wheeliebar3mv.jpg

morewheelies0na.jpg

Does it make it tip easy? (When wheelieing) That was always the reason why I never bought one. Plus I always thought they looked kinda retarded, but I like how this one sits tucked up in there..

As for as riding wheelies, it's like most others, if your trying to accelerate too hard while on a wheelie it will start to wobble side to side, thats just the diff action. I also like that it doesn't stick out too much, it is right against the rear bumper.

Thanks for the reply. Ill have to get one of them, I'm sick of the fold line I get in my bodys from bottoming out on the back of my lids..lol

I was just looking at these online, hope the hobby shop has some cause I want to get one.

this my be a stupid question, i don't know.

But can you get wheelie bars for rush evo's?

Thanks

Rush evo man

Rush Evo man said:
this my be a stupid question, i don't know.

But can you get wheelie bars for rush evo's?

Thanks

Rush evo man
If you put it in this thread it is since this is for a Savage. Derailing someone elses thread causes incohesive posts that doesn't add to the original post.

As for your post, start a thread about one or even better, do a search and see what you can find!

Jon2

Hmmm may have to pick one of these up for my X, it would be nice to have help keepng the front down haha.

yeh i just bought a savage 4.6 along with the wheelie bar
i'll install it when i break in my engine... :(:(

excellent wheelie bar...

Got two of those...on a savage x w/o.smax .30vg and on a savage ss w/ a f4.1. And does a pretty decent job a long as you dont push too hard on the throttle like SMaxxin mentioned before cuz it could get ugly...

I put one on my XSS right after I got my LRP Z.28 and it helps...kinda. I had to get some heavy treads to keep it down. So now the wheelie bar helps. Hey SMaxxin are those tires Big Joe's?