The best turnbuckle/tierods....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwiZtiD25

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have been having problems with the tierods/turnbuckles poping off after hitting big jumps. Any ideas for a upgrade for these?

I'm not sure of the Savage setup but can you put a washer over the end?

You can try the RPM captured ends or the T-Maxx rod ends as well.

Thanks, I have already added the washers just for a temp fix (works better than I thought). I'm kinda thinking about the GPM tierods cause they are Ti and inexpensive. So the t-maxx tierods are the same?? If so that gives a better variety to choose from.

Not sure,
I was referring to the ends only.
Do you need to replace the tie rods as well?

No, its just the ends that keep popping off. The rods are fine.

washers

I did the washer fix to mine and it is ok too. Now I'm noticing the rear shock tower flexing when it jumps and one side the shock is begining to smash into the exost hedder. This truck takes such a beating I'm suprised nothing else gets damaged. The Savage is the most durable RC around. Its rare to go to the track and not have to fix anything day after day. I luv this truck!!!

Just rub it in why dont ya. I'm just the oppisite, everytime I take my truck out something breaks or happens. Oh well, just a good excuse to upgrade parts. lol hehe

breakdown

Maybe the few hop up parts I did right away kept me from breaking alot sooner. First thing I did was CVD's HB shocks,ofna 3 shoe clutch with flywheel, then HB hex hubs and HB roto start so I dont break any pull starts. I put the stock 21bb in my duratrax axis and WOW does it scream. I bought a hyper 8 port for the savage

i have the gpm ti's the only flaw i've found is that the part that the bolt goes through is alumnium.i was going full speed after i put in picco hit brakes and did about 10 cartwheels broke that whatever it is called. next time i need to check the brakes after mods.

Trunbuckles

Just replace the stock ones, I have used the GPM, and New era and the best ones yet are the stock hpi.

RCXshop has these Ti turnbuckles

tsav1160.jpg

that is the ones i have the mounts are alumnium as for the rest ther great

So the GPM's are the way to go. I added a washer to the stockers the other day, and put them to the test yesterday. I was jumping about 12ft up and 20ft out, and they never popped off once. I still think I'm gonna get the Ti GPM turnbuckles, just for the added strength. Some people say that the GPM's fit better with the stock ball joints instead of the ones that came with them.

Back