the best nitro filling bottle for fueling your tank ? I keep getting bottles that are not good!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newnitro2020

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
Every fuel bottle at ever owned wears out or breaks.

Is there a better quality or type of fueling system that doesn't break or crack?

Traxxas fuel bottles, Kyosho, venom, associated, trinity, all these brands are terrible the fuel bottles don't last at all. Almost every last one of them I barely even use them a whole lot and it could be cracking.

I don't even be rough on this stuff and it still happens.

Last edited:
The ones from 2000 lasted forever. I bought my nitro in 2006. My fuel bottle lasted 2 years. My boy had his bottle last 2003-2009. I think its a combination of they went cheaper on plastic, and because of that the fuel weakens it, or they are making them thin.

Over the years, I put the fuel bottle spout on a quart of fuel, or pour from my gallon to my qaurt to my tank.

Back in the day, racers had a syrenge style fast pit fill up. That may be your best bet, and use the container to drain. You can also use the carb fuel line to drain the tank.

The ones from 2000 lasted forever. I bought my nitro in 2006. My fuel bottle lasted 2 years. My boy had his bottle last 2003-2009. I think its a combination of they went cheaper on plastic, and because of that the fuel weakens it, or they are making them thin.

Over the years, I put the fuel bottle spout on a quart of fuel, or pour from my gallon to my qaurt to my tank.

Back in the day, racers had a syrenge style fast pit fill up. That may be your best bet, and use the container to drain. You can also use the carb fuel line to drain the tank.
I didn't know that because everything I didn't really get into Nitro until the late 2009 2 early 2010s.

Can you tell me what kind of name brand and product that I can find on eBay that is based on the two thousands.

Cuz I know there's got to be something I could do better than this because I'm sick of it. You realize it's a big inconvenience because you have no way of filling up your tank without these.

The only way is to take out the small funnel pour it some Nitro out of the quart of fuel without spilling it.

Big inconvenience.

I just don't understand why everybody is cheap out in the 2010s.

I notice to there are products out here now if they were to be out in the 2000s, they would have had all these hop-up parts.

I sure wish I had the means and knew about this stuff before the late 2000s.

Everything was better than my opinion I don't know why but I just feel that way.

I have a spout type with a rubber grommet ,it fits in the quart bottles that the fuel comes in ,
so I use a spout on the fuel bottle itself ,so when I run out of fuel ,the spout goes to a new
fuel bottle! ,dont remember what brand or where I got it ,had it for years!..:thumbs-up:

Duratrax ones were my favorite.
https://www.ebay.com/p/1100670681

Sealed well, didn't crack over time, had a nice plug for the spout. I've had a couple for many years just sitting with fuel in them... they are still 100%. I don't run nitro much anymore, but those were the bottles I'd always buy. The ones with the screw type caps never sealed well for me.

I use a bleach bottle with an angled neck. I keep the bleach tip as is. It’s angled enough to keep fuel in and can squeeze it easily enough. I use this for both car and heli. Fuel tube attaches without effort

I use a bleach bottle with an angled neck. I keep the bleach tip as is. It’s angled enough to keep fuel in and can squeeze it easily enough. I use this for both car and heli. Fuel tube attaches without effort
Bleach bottle is a new one. Love your chippey name.

Back