The best electric short course trucks for beginners?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VB14

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I been reading a couple of rc magazines and they've said that the kyosho ultima and hpi blitz are good for beginners. but i just can't make up my mind on which one to get. also are their others i should consider as well.

For beginners, definitely look at the Slash. It is durable, so mistakes won't kill ya' and out of the box, it doesn't require set up. It's good to go.

Slash also usually cheaper than the others once you consider
TRX supplies a battery & charger in the box

vs others you've gotta spend more $$ buying them separately

Slash for sure. I have 3 extra slashes for my friends and family to drive on our track and they take a beating, easy to maintain and cheap to repair when something does break which is rare.

Slash for sure. I have 3 extra slashes for my friends and family to drive on our track and they take a beating, easy to maintain and cheap to repair when something does break which is rare.

haha same, i thought i was the only geek with that :rolleyes:

biggest casualty are AA batteries... quite often the TXes get left on :(

I vote for the Slash! It is very durable and the are lots of hop-up's available, and parts are very cheap.

I think that the Slash is a good deal, with the 2.4ghz radio and most Hobby shops have parts galore:thumbup1: Can't go wrong for a beginner. AzRon

Definitely go with the Slash to begin with. Very beginner friendly, inexpensive, inexpensive to repair, and very durable like others have said.

I vote Slash... despite being bashed for it's high CG design, it usually keeps up with the more race oriented trucks very well and its design makes it more forgiving - leading to more consistent lap times, especially for beginners.

I really wanted a Blitz when I was picking out my first SCT and decided to go for the Slash. It's sooo durable and it's the only truck that's waterproof right out-of-the-box...

Another thing is parts availability.. The 2 very small hobby shops in my town stock mainly Traxxas parts and 3/4 of the trucks at the track are Slashes so much more peer support too..

I vote slash for durability it gets a 10 yes it kinda ruff to handle. But if you are just starting out u need a truck that can take a beating and keep on running (and most hobby shop keep traxxas stuff in stock) let us know what u decide on. :)

Get a slash, cheap, durable and parts are plentiful. then move on when you're ready to move up.

Check out the Blitz ESE, Great Truck.