Thanks to you guys! pics

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharliesTheMan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well I finally got some pics up for all of you who have been asking to see the Maxx. Please keep in mind that this is not a shelf queen, it's a basher that gets driven hard, that's why there's some dirt in the shock threads, on the chassis braces, etc... I cleaned it up A LOT compared to how it was yesterday. I had a horrible fuel leak where I messed up the carb, and so the dust that was on the chassis suddenly turned to oily muck, and all of the grass stuck al over it, it was nasty. So yesterday I stripped it down to add some parts and cleaned it up some while I was working on it. I know it's still mostly stock, and there's plenty more upgrades on the way and still to be ordered, but I owe it to you guys to let you see how it's looking so far. I know, the first comment is going to be "get rid of the integy shocks." I will replace them eventually, but they're doing ok for now and there is some other stuff that I'm going to replace first. The next upgrade is going to be replacing every screw, the stock ones are already in horrible shape and I've only had it a month. So how do you think it coming along??

I know it's still pretty much stock, but I've only had it a month and there's plenty more to come. I'm having an Escalade body custom painted by NCNitro and I'll put up some pics whenever I get it.

Last edited:
Nice looking maxx you got your self. I would say its to clean, but then again I havent go my rigs dirty in over 2 months lol.

Bryson

really? I'll go check it, I haven't ever taken the servos off. hmmm... I'm going to check it out

I went and checked it out and it's exactly like it came from the factory. Now that doesn't mean it's right. I have a snap-on pry bar that my grandfather found under the hood of a brand new Ford pickup. Someone at the factory had set it down on the core support and never picked it up. So there's a possibility that it came backwards, but it seems to be working fine.

lol thanks rolex I feel a little better about my work already.

Rolex do you see anything backwards?

Very nice looking truck. I'll be sure and hook ya up with a sweet lid for it.

Man I can hardly wait, I'm so excited. As I said before, I enjoy the building aspect of this hobby just as much or maybe more than the wheeltime. I can't wait to have it set up with my new body and my new wheels and tires.

I definitely enjoy building and wrenching as much if not more than running. That's one reason I got in to scalers.

yea I'm very interested in building a scaler, i just dont know much about them.

So there's a possibility that it came backwards, but it seems to be working fine.

lol thanks rolex I feel a little better about my work already.

Rolex do you see anything backwards?

We will just naturally assume that Lesson is wrong. *Chuckle*

Personally, I don't see anything backwards, but I'm facing the wrong way.

We will just naturally assume that Lesson is wrong. *Chuckle*

4 years here and he still can't spell my name.

But anyways. Your setup is correct from factory. Mine is backwards. I'm guessing I turned mine around because my servo saver didn't fit in the stock configuration with the servo guard that I have.

I've noticed that people spell it wrong quite a bit. Don't worry tho, no one can spell my real name. Thanks for letting me know back on the servo issue though cuz I was trying to figure out if I had something wrong.

Looks good man. If I may make a suggestion for your next mod. New Era 3 point roll bar. It was the best $$ I spent on the truck yet besides the Proline Powerstroke Shocks. NO modifications to fit and would have saved me tons of money in spur gears if I would have just sprung for it in the begining

Sorry about the mis-spelling, Lessen, especially since I know where you got that handle. I have an E in my name where everyone else has an O. I know the feeling, especially when I lived in a county with the same name, with an O. Even my car titles were wrong.
Speaking of mis-spelling, how's that Daytona car doing?

Back