Tekno RC SCT410SL 1/10th 4WD Lightweight Short Course Truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyUs

RCTalk Addict
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm excited for anything released by the Tekno RC crew. A nimbler 4wd SCT platform for the masses. Hopefully it'll inspire other manufacturers to get their heads thinking again about a great category of RC vehicles in the hobby and the racing class.
1676116073426.png

1676116126814.png
1676116159092.png

1676116217896.png
1676116236941.png

1676116525168.png
1676116543853.png

1676116598238.png
1676116479954.png

SCT410SL Features:
  • 4mm CNC Machined Black Anodized Long Wear Chassis
  • Large 3.5mm HD Hinge Pins and Hinge Pin Inserts
  • CNC 7075 Aluminum Hinge Pin Braces w/ Revised Suspension Geometry
  • Aluminum Front and Rear Camber Plates w/ Bulkhead Brace
  • 13mm Big Bore Shocks w/ New Spring Options
  • 18 Degree LRC Spindle Carriers
  • CNC 7075 One-Piece Motor Mount w/ Preset Gearing Options
  • Spindles w/ Adjustable Ackermann Plates
  • Adjustable Roll Center Rear Hubs
  • Strong HD Outdrives and Diff Couplers
  • Accommodates ‘Standard’ or ‘Shorty’ 2S Battery Packs
  • Lightweight SCT Bumpers, Nerf Bars, and Body Mounts
Manual for the SCT410SL: https://www.teknorc.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/SCT410SL_instructions_REV2.pdf

Last edited:
What a great way to get me started into 4x4 mod SCT at my local track. Always liked scts. But having a 2wd slash ain't gonna cut it for me. But I can always try.

The bodies, higher sidewall tires, and mud flaps... yes, 1/10 scale SCTs have always appealed to me, 'cause of the scale/likeness of the full size racing vehicles. But nowadays, the mud flaps have pretty much disappeared on all but some of the RTRs out there. Bring back the mud flaps I say! I'll never have one, but the Axis SC body released by Pro-Line is about as "futuristic" as I can take when it comes to looks.

mud flaps... yes, 1/10 scale SCTs have always appealed to me, 'cause of the scale/likeness of the full size racing vehicles. But nowadays, the mud flaps have pretty much disappeared on all but some of the RTRs out there.
RPM makes mud flaps for my slash. Planning on getting them.

Oooh, now I remembered my long-sold Torment came with mud flaps! Now I gotta make some for my Slash.

Hopefully it'll inspire other manufacturers to get their heads thinking again about a great category of RC vehicles in the hobby and racing class.

Agreed, I posted a thread here for the folks at PR to consider it:
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbi...m.1173202833329344&idorvanity=263362564313380

I personally found the PR mini truggy to be more durable and is has a far wider tuning range than the ET410 that I raced.

If the 4WD SCT class comes back to my area then I would seriously consider attempting a PR conversion.

I tried to wrap my head around going with a different brand of mini truggy/SCT platforms, but the durability of my ET410, and the SCT410SL coming out now... it was a no brainer for me to continue my collection of Tekno RC platforms for parts swapping/compatibility fun.

Yes, I said it. The durability of my ET410 is stupid good! I don't know if it's because I only run on dirt or what, 'cause, since 2019, I've only racked up a handful of broken/worn parts. Wing, wing mount, spur gears (2-3), set of spindles, and kingpin shoulder screws are the only things I can think of that I needed to order replacements for. Oh, and a new motor mount base was needed because of stripped screw.

Thanks Bill, for reminding me of one "weak" spot! Those button head screws will be the first thing to be swapped out when the SL kit gets here.
On the ET410, I switched the M3 button heads...
1676301898103.png

to M3 socket head screws (2mm vs 2.5mm hex and deeper socket)...
1676302147329.png

Last edited:
I love my mail lady. She dropped some stuff off yesterday... I see yous in about a month. I'm in no hurry. An hour, maybe, each night of wrenching on the kit. Between work, and being in charge of the puppy entertainment committee... RC time is not in abundance. :p:D

Last edited:
Well, it's like snow, and rain every other day here in PA. Throw in cold temps every now and then... does not help with me rushing the build :p. I'm at a stand still also... waiting for receiver to show up. I may have to pluck one out of another ride.

I went a different direction than planned with the ESC/motor combo.
IMG_20230312_201546673_HDR.jpg

Tidied up the wires a bit as I wait.
IMG_20230313_202107124_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta hate under-extrusion issues. You have an all metal hotend?

After I covered the wheel vent holes with E6000,
IMG_20230330_183234209.jpg
IMG_20230330_183226169.jpg

I got in a rush to glue the tires on... forgot to vent the darn things :doh:.
Oh, well. Used soldering tip to melt the holes in the rubber 🤷‍♂️.
IMG_20230331_174803916_HDR.jpg

Maybe I'll prep the body for paint today. Sure is slow build, but I'd rather take longer than expected and run on dry track, than to rush it.

I really want to sell my slash 2wd and rustler 2wd to get a tekno kit. Question. Since they share the same chassis as the buggy and the truggy. Can you use both stick packs and shorty packs? I guess the stick pack would be better to distribute weight between the electronics side and battery side. I had been looking at the SCT410.3 or this SL version. The ET mini truggy is pretty cool.

Does the SL have the same like durability and performance as the 410.3?

I really want to sell my slash 2wd and rustler 2wd to get a tekno kit. Question. Since they share the same chassis as the buggy and the truggy. Can you use both stick packs and shorty packs? I guess the stick pack would be better to distribute weight between the electronics side and battery side. I had been looking at the SCT410.3 or this SL version. The ET mini truggy is pretty cool.

Does the SL have the same like durability and performance as the 410.3?
I don't know how hard you "send it" in your RC adventures. If wanting an ultimate basher, I'd look at the 1/8 scale platforms. If wife told me I could only keep one RC... it would be a 1/8 scale buggy. Having said that, Tekno's MT410 and SCT410.3 are basically built off of a 1/8 scale buggy chassis. The MT410 uses 1/8 scale driveline vs. the 1/10 scale driveline in the SCT410.3 that's not quite as beefy as it's bigger siblings.

If you got the room to play, then I'd get a 1/8 scale truggy for ultimate fun. I wanted a Tekno truggy so bad, but the ET48 2.0 had not been scheduled for release yet, nor was there any ET48.3 in stock anywhere. The Arrma Kraton EXB monster truggy had just been released, and, POW... it had on it exactly what I planned to do to a Tekno truggy.

I got the SCT410SL because I enjoyed my ET410 so much. Having platforms that share parts means a lot to me. Later on this year I do plan on getting the ET410.2 to build and run when my ET410 is "in the shop for scheduled maintenance"... that mini truggy is the most fun I ever had with a 1/10 scale RC. The lightweight, or "lighter weight", SCT410SL is not on the same beefiness scale as the SCT410.3 platform. It's just an option for those who want a better handling SCT on tighter; higher traction tracks.

I don't know what's up with Tekno and the SCT410.3 platform at this time. Some places have a waitlist/backorder button, and other online shops/stores have the SCT410.3 as being discontinued. Tekno's site has it being out of stock, and a person can join the waitlist to be notified when the truck becomes available. 🤷‍♂️

I don't know how hard you "send it" in your RC adventures. If wanting an ultimate basher, I'd look at the 1/8 scale platforms
Well with my 2wd slash and rustler, currently i send them pretty hard. I don't do any large jumps but I jump the curbs and stuff. Around the street and grass. Some cruising around the neighborhood and full throttle on the street (if theres no cars coming) I had been looking at the Arrma 1/10 and 1/8 bashers if I do sell both the slash and rustler. But I am getting more into the racing side of things and kind of out of the bashing world too. I was trying to dial in my slash and rustler for the track (euro off road carpet) and it aint working out so good since the car has so many problems. I put my B74 wheels and tires on the rustler and hooked up very good (besides the suspension) Maybe it can just be tires? Don't know but I really want something higher quality like my B74 and not like my slash.

If they are discontinuing the 410.3 then ill just get the SL since I am running on higher traction carpet. I do have both shorty and stick packs so i will be fine.

If I was bashing, as a kit I would get the ET or the EB48 series since of the durability, bigger and a kit. After building my B74, I really like building up kits rather than a RTR. But for me its just the price of the Tekno kit and 1/8 electronics. I'm trying to stick with 1/10 as a 1/8 might be too big for the storage space I have.

I got the SCT410SL because I enjoyed my ET410 so much. Having platforms that share parts means a lot to me.
Yes I am with this. The slash and rustler share 95% of the same parts so what I have been doing recently is sharing parts between the 2 cars if something breaks on 1.

All in all I wish I can have all of the kits .Lol. But I have 0 money left over now. If I do build up a SCT410 SL. I plan to put in the electronics from my slash (HW Max10 SCT & 3660 4000kv motor, radiolink rx/tx, and a new servo)

Talking about sending it, with my buggy I drive it pretty hard now since I got used to driving a 4wd car and the track. Only broke a few carbon towers before. I broke a arm and bent a shock shaft with running into the pole in the middle of the track but thats my fault for not paying attention. But so far, these 1/10 professional kits have been pretty good. Performing wise and durability.

Maybe someone will run into same issue; see this, and can avoid the mistake I made.

I ran into issue when test fitting, and marking body for the mounts, and would deal with it later. That "later" is now :p . Body pins needed more room than the molded in hood louvers would allow. I had a vision of cutting out a part of the louvers and attaching spare piece of Lexan. Well, I didn't think reversing the front body mount was possible, but turns out the molding on both sides of the mount fit on to the shock tower, and will move the posts back about 9.75mm. Perfect!

1682680398907.png
IMG_20230426_185004433_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230426_184950900.jpg
IMG_20230426_184750252_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Running the SL on surfaces other than what it was designed for will surely have you making changes to the stock manual recommended setup. Taking the SL outside on looser type track/terrain, you will be adjusting the fluids/oils most definitely. How much of a change is needed? It will all depend on your driving style and conditions.

For me, and having ran the ET410 in loose/rough stuff, I had a good estimated starting point for the SCT410SL's setup in same conditions. I currently run 15/20/7k (f/c/r); with 350 in f/r shocks, but don't go by me as to what works, because I have track/bashing going on and rear mounted shock on the rear arms with no anti-sway bars 😁. Rear sway bars may get put back on, but definitely will be going lighter.

Even if many SCT410SL rides had the exact same electronics, same wheels/tires, same body... a person's strength/weaknesses in driving styles around a track may call for a very different diff/shock packages than the person next to you.

Tune it for you. Having said that, the most drastic change that you'll do from the stock manual setup will probably be the rear diff. The front and center diffs won't be such a drastic departure from "stock".

Have fun and good luck!

Back