Tekno MT410 vs Traxxas X-maxx monster truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What truck to get?

• Mt410

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • X-Maxx

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjp1412

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to get a nice rc car, looking for something fast and able to take a beating.
Let me know why you you voted the way you did! And any upgrades or parts to get for either of these trucks! Thanks

Attachments

• B4FF8FB1-8BF3-4C6D-94DC-82E70E9477E5.jpeg
    B4FF8FB1-8BF3-4C6D-94DC-82E70E9477E5.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 93
  • FFAE0750-A387-4AD9-9501-3E54482B62DD.jpeg
    FFAE0750-A387-4AD9-9501-3E54482B62DD.jpeg
    48.8 KB · Views: 36
I don't have either, but can tell you based on really looking into the MT410, you probably won't find a better truck in that style. Tekno makes some of the best RC's out there. But you are comparing a 1/8 scale truck to a 1/5 scale.

I don't have either, but can tell you based on really looking into the MT410, you probably won't find a better truck in that style. Tekno makes some of the best RC's out there. But you are comparing a 1/8 scale truck to a 1/5 scale.
Oh I had thought they were 1/10 scales

The MT410 is labeled 1/10, but it is definitely 1/8 scale in size. And the X-Maxx makes it look like a baby. I do have an X-Maxx that I am building from parts, but it is a long way from finished. But just having the chassis together, it's huge.

The Xmaxx is very big and a very fun truck to drive.
The MT410 would definitely corner better and more race friendly but I don't own one so I wouldn't know for sure.
The Xmaxx is more stunt truck than anything.

I'm thinking you have the Traxxas Maxx in mind rather than the XMaxx. Much closer to the MT410 in size...

I'm assuming you mean the maxx4s vs tekno mt410.

If you have the $, get the tekno. It's a bit more costly up front, but is a better built truck that might be a bit easier to wrench on. It likely won't have all the slop the maxx has/develops in a short time.

The maxx is a fun truck though. Especially when you upgrade a few things for durability, ditch the stock electronics and put a 6S 1/8th system in it. It still has the maxx/x-maxx bounce on landings though... I can't seem to tune that out of it. Something my arrma's don't do. I think it's the plastic chassis acting like a big spring.

You won't have to upgrade anything on the Tekno. It's built like a tank and can take a serious beating. Very easy to wrench on. You won't be disappointed!

Hands down tekno mt410 I have 2 of them and beat the living snot out of them.

The mt410 has good after market support from m2c and a couple other companies you can easily do some very nice modifications to the truck which would make it a even bigger badder tank.

Back