Tekin red line high torque rotor...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

synnyzter

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Anyone here try the high torque rotor for the redline? Just wondering if it actually changes anything... I've heard yes and no and my local track.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I have one in my 2wd durango, i seen a small difference nothing to dramatic though.

which one and what's the difference? I have heat issues with my tekin running it 25/76, I barely twist the can and it gets hot. Thing is, I cannot keep up with most of the fast guys otherwise so I need to do something. 12.5 or 13mm and taller gearing? Not sure what to do because some guys have tekins and time way more than me and run cooler, irks me.

what vehicle you running, i run 21/87 in my durango 2wd sct and temos are 140 ish after a 10 min main on a hot day. I'm not sure which i am running in mine.

Last edited:
SC10 2wd factory team 17.5

Am I maybe overgeared?

i think you could be i would move up on the pinion to start with and see what that does for you. what's your temps running?

I agree with the others. I would go up a few teeth on the pinion and see what happens. You will loose a little on the low end, gain some on the top end and it should help your motor run cooler. At least that is my approach when I notice I am starting to run hot. Let us know.

I had 25/76 and like 20° timing and it hit 190°, not good!

I'm heading to hobby shop now for new pinions and spurs...I'll gear up instead of using timing and see what it does..

I had 25/76 and like 20° timing and it hit 190°, not good!

I'm heading to hobby shop now for new pinions and spurs...I'll gear up instead of using timing and see what it does..

Timing is a new thing for me... I know a few of my motors have the ability for adjustment, but so far I have left that alone. How does that work exactly? I have always geared up or down... I have never messed with the timing. Thanks!

Timing just gives the motor more rpm or more torque. More timing = more rpm

OK I am running 25/78, I was wrong. That gives me a final drive of 8.11 on the SC10. I guess I just need to get it out there and test test test. I just bought 5 more spurs and 2 pinions so I can pretty much hit any final I want to, I have until Sunday to dial it ugh.

---------- Post added at 3:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:41 PM ----------

Timing is a new thing for me... I know a few of my motors have the ability for adjustment, but so far I have left that alone. How does that work exactly? I have always geared up or down... I have never messed with the timing. Thanks!

It's all new to me, I am a nitro guy attempting electric for the first time lol. Getting there, just need to adjust. It's amazing how a minor gear change makes so much difference, especially in blinky with the lack of power. It's all about fine tuning.

I did however take 5th in the main last sunday, not bad I guess for a first timer in this class.

turn the timing out of the motor, in most cases, and on most tracks,you won't benefit from timing,Timing produces ALOT of heat,turn your timing down and go up a few teeth and you should be fine.

OK that's what I wanted to 100% confirm. Timing causes more heat than gearing... good deal.

I have about every possible combination of gears now so tomorrow I hope I can get it nailed. I need to shave 1-1 1/2 off my laps. My lines are good, just the heat issue.

Back