Techno SCT 410.3 build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

HeavyBag

RCNT Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I don't know that I've read Tekno specifically recommending changing diff fluid after a short term and gears have a chance to break in, but it's not a bad idea. I normally open up the diffs and have a looksee at the fluid after the first 12 packs ran through the RC. Yeah, almost always the fluid is grey-ish looking. I'll change the fluid and then I'll be back to my normal 24 runs maintenance schedule (+/- as I see fit, or needed). Everything depends on the thickness of fluid, and driving style.

Iowa crawler

RCNT Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
I don't know that I've read Tekno specifically recommending changing diff fluid after a short term and gears have a chance to break in, but it's not a bad idea. I normally open up the diffs and have a looksee at the fluid after the first 12 packs ran through the RC. Yeah, almost always the fluid is grey-ish looking. I'll change the fluid and then I'll be back to my normal 24 runs maintenance schedule (+/- as I see fit, or needed). Everything depends on the thickness of fluid, and driving style.
Thanks . I’ll follow that schedule.

HeavyBag

RCNT Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
You may have to adjust things on a maintenance routine as you go along and find fluids not as clean, or cleaner than you hoped for. My main concern is my RC's bearings, and shocks which get flushed/cleaned/rebuilt every 12 battery pack ran, because of the dusty (extreme?) track conditions.

It's a pain in the butt to do bearings, but in order to keep my yearly costs down for my RC fleet, it's a must. I also repack my bearings with grease for longer durability. Using a light 3-in-1 type oil in bearings for decades, but didn't cut it when it came to handfuls of dust being thrown onto them. If I was racing a spec class 2wd buggy/truck... sure, I'd be using/doing whatever speed improvements I could use/find (within the rules of course).
The suspension parts are directly taken from 1/8 scale bashers. The control arms are massive. The other components are totally over built. This is not the lightest build style but it is the strongest.
When I first thought about buying a race car. I was going to buy two kits. Just so I have extra parts. After doing research I found the SCT 410.3 is bullet proof. No one has anything to say bad about the build quality. I guess the idea is you have to finish the race to win.
The SCT410.3 is on my bucket list for the simple fact of it being based off of Tekno's EB48 lineup.

Last edited:

Iowa crawler

RCNT Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
Got out for a practice today. Practice to long and got the motor temp a little high but it seems ok. I did a major adjustment to the brad brake and the adjustments for the brake. Track was super dusty and it was 90 deg .

Iowa crawler

RCNT Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
Race two was a total success. I finished third place in the first two qualifiers and finished first in the B Main race. That got me to the A Main and that was my goal. Getting there is like winning to me. The big boys rocked and I was three laps behind the back but I got a personal best of 18 laps and a 22 second fast lap. And that was in rain. Just before the race it started raining so the track was a clay pit. My rig got so packed with muck I have to strip it down to clean it. Going to replace all the fluids any way.

Attachments

• B1C8E261-B3CD-4C1A-AF97-0780E8F2FC64.jpeg
    B1C8E261-B3CD-4C1A-AF97-0780E8F2FC64.jpeg
    432.7 KB · Views: 9

Iowa crawler

RCNT Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
Wow the diff fluid needed changing. Looking at the data I was running motor hot on Saturday during practice. I went to long without a break and the motor got hot and the ESC was hot. I changed the gearing one tooth and went out for the time of the race. About eight minutes and it was down to 151 deg F.

Attachments

• 1C11AF88-BB74-42A6-B9B5-48156FA5BE3A.jpeg
    1C11AF88-BB74-42A6-B9B5-48156FA5BE3A.jpeg
    341.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 030165CB-8783-4336-BD8F-8468642489E0.jpeg
    030165CB-8783-4336-BD8F-8468642489E0.jpeg
    492.7 KB · Views: 3

Iowa crawler

RCNT Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
I have really been pushing the SCT 410 around the track. I downloaded some data and that all looks good. My motor temps running in eight minute practice sessions stayed below 160 deg. So I can probably go up a tooth. Looking at a sample of throttle data I am getting a little bit consistent. At least at a 20 second lap time I can see a pattern. Not to sure how to use any of that. Mostly looking at temps and current but the other stuff is interesting.
I bought this truck in January of 2021 and bought the Gladiator tires just to have something to rip around the yard and I knew it would be sitting. I did not expect it to sit for two years but in that time I forgot about the tires. At the track I have no clue and the tires seemed fine. But now that I am getting a little faster I’m seeing that I can upgrade to Blockades. On a dusty track it was definitely loose.

Attachments

• 1EF01312-347D-4588-BAFC-1338F156FD1B.jpeg
    1EF01312-347D-4588-BAFC-1338F156FD1B.jpeg
    454 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 5

Iowa crawler

RCNT Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
Did pretty good today with a huge field. I am still learning but I did get two third place qualifier finishes. And I got second by 1.1 second and did not make the A main. New Blockade tires are great. It I’m no used to a high traction situation and made a couple driving errors turning to sharp when I expected a slide. I’m sunburned wind and dirt blasted. Three classes and ten hours of racing is exhausting

Iowa crawler

RCNT Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
I got the castle blue tooth device working so now I can easily adjust things at the track. Not that the lap top is difficult it’s just super dusty at the track. I have had the blue tooth link for a while .

The Teckno 410.3 is proving itself to be a real work horse. Practice a couple days a week and Saturday. Then a full day of racing every other week. So far the only problem I have found after three months of racing is one shock tower bolt need to be snuggled up. And that’s my fault.
Currently riding in the top ten in the points and just getting up to speed. I feel I need to bring it up a notch and start pushing harder in practice. Also changing to a 16 tooth from a 15 tooth pinion.
The motor and ESC temps are all super low so that should be a little faster.