TeamLosi XXX NT Sport ... Info ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
Got a call from my LHS today asking if I wanted to buy a used Team Losi buggy. The guy that was selling had it bought it used from a guy that didn't want it anymore. He had it several months, and never did anything with it. It has a Dynamite 12SPD engine, 2 WD.

I spent 20 minutes pulling the rope, and adjusting the carb needles till it sputtered. Had no factory setting info, but I got it to idle and tweeked it some more. WOW did it run. I just ordered a complete brake kit because it was missing.
I also got the Futaba radio, and a 4 drawer toolbox loaded with parts. 3 receivers, 3 or 4 servos, endless parts and hardware, some still in the packages. Also another engine with a thrown rod, and a Traxxas .15, a glow ignitor, shock oils, filters..and too many other things to list here, and yeah, the toolbox too.
I had just put a 2.5 on my Tmaxx and wanted something to put the .15 on since I had just over a gallon run through it.
This XXX NT did wheelies on demand, and I didn't even expect it to run at all. It has a locked rear, is this standard or is there someway of running it with a regular diff?
It didn't have a lid. Any info on what types of bodies are available in clear?
I need whatever info anyone has on this buggy as well as likes and dislikes.
I paid $75 for everything.

The xxx-nt isn't a buggy, it's an ST.

The diff is probably in need of a rebuild. The RTR diff balls were pretty soft and got out of shape withing the first gallon. Mine was so bad that one could mistake it for a locked diff.

With the xxx-nt, the rear pivot block will break on you on a bad rear landing. I replaced mine about once a weekend. Should have bought an aluminum one.

Also, the diff moster gear isn't very good. I kept ripping those up as well. I'd get about 1/2 gallon of life out of it before you would get the obligatory sound of grinding plastic. I replaced it with the RRP aluminum gear and never looked at it for 4 gallons of fuel. Then I traded the truck off in pretty much complete working order.

I just didn't have the right area to drive it in.

I'd also suggest getting the RPM front bumper for it. It will save you many a front arm. I also mod'd an RPM front bumper to go onto the rear, it literally saved my ass!

The entire thing has been taken apart. He made endless mistakes building it. I took apart the rear, or transaxle and cleaned it and checked it out. The rear is a locked rear. there is no dif gear setup, only direct to both axles. I'm just going to do a complete overhall on it, paint the body I got yesterday, and sell it.
If you know of a differential that will fit (or almost fit) this car, then I'd change it out and probably keep it just to bash around.

That's what I was told. What would define it as an NT vs another Losi car.
It's 2 WD, Dynamite .12, pull start, locked rear.
I'm putting my Traxxas .15 in it since I upped my Tmaxx to the 2.5.

I haven't posted any pics here yet, so later tonight I'll try to figure that out. Pics say it all.

The losi xxx-nt is a stadium truck. I don't know how you could have a rear diff that is locked which makes me wonder what you really have. The xxx-nt RTR came with a dynamite mach 15, not a 12.

Here's what a xxx-nt rtr looks like that has been used, it's my old one that I traded recently:

1493losi_xxx-nt_-_top__body_off_-med.jpg

Just trying to help you out. I ran this truck for 2 years and I'd like to think I knew it pretty well. It doesn't have stock tires nor does it have the stock engine. But maybe you can tell if it's what you have regardless.

Every part is in the same location as this one. Even the chassis looks identical, right down to the slight angle on the nose below the TL logo. Same fuel cap and tank shape and location. DayGlow yellow rims, solid disk rather than spokes. I got a stadium truck body that fits it.
I'm almost sure that the transaxle that's in it was stock with the kit since he made so many mistakes building it, I'm sure he couldn't have adapted anything else to it.

I'd like to see some pics of the internals of the diff. There isn't much you can do to that thing. 2 out drives, two washers, some bb's a monsterdiff gear.

I had thought about making mine solid, but it would have required drilling a hole through the outdrive disks and putting a bolt through it.

The diff has already been cleaned, lubed and reassembled. I really don't want to use it since it's a locked set up, and is only good on asphalt.
If you want to see what's in the diff, go to the TeamLosi site, and look at the PDF files for assembly.
I'm assuming that there's a split dif from Losi that will fit in this one, since you had one in yours.