Team Redcat TR-SC10E

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbizzle

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I just recently purchased the new TR-SC10E. I using it for a track only rig. I running it at my local 1/8 scale outdoor off road track. I only have a 3s right now and it really moves!!! I did the pre run check making sure the bolts and nuts are tight. First run at the track car handle very well for stock set up. Came up a little short on a small step up and it popped the top left a-arm out, nothing broke. So I put the car back together and try again the next day. With much best track conditions car handle even better but again came up short on the same jump and now it broke the top left metal turn buckle! Not the plastic a-arm or eyelet! Very upset with the reliability of the car so far. Parts are order plus front and rear swap bar kits. Anyone else have this car?

You found the one weak spot on the TR-SC10E. The best upgrade (to really increase the durability) is boiling the stock upper arms for 5 minutes along with using Lunsford 3.5x24mm turnbuckles. You may also want to go with the TBone Jammin SCRT10 front bumper.

It's a good truck with a lot of tuning options.

Best regards,
Brian

You found the one weak spot on the TR-SC10E. The best upgrade (to really increase the durability) is boiling the stock upper arms for 5 minutes along with using Lunsford 3.5x24mm turnbuckles. You may also want to go with the TBone Jammin SCRT10 front bumper.

It's a good truck with a lot of tuning options.

Best regards,
Brian

Thanks abunch for the info on the upgrade turnbuckles and bumper! I will definitely get a set if the replacement set does as good as the first one. lol I’ve heard difference opinions on the boiling of plastics parts never done it my self. You have good results with it I’m guessing?

Some parts are too hard and boiling them gives them a little more flex which results in a more durable part. I know a guy who broke the same part as you did on his TR-SC10E. He boiled the upper arms and installed the Lunsford turnbuckles. His truck has been holding up really good now.

Best regards,
Brian

Thanks abunch for the info on the upgrade turnbuckles and bumper! I will definitely get a set if the replacement set does as good as the first one. lol I’ve heard difference opinions on the boiling of plastics parts never done it my self. You have good results with it I’m guessing?

Another way that works, If you have the time, remove the plastic parts and spray them with WD-40 and let them sit for 24 hours. The WD soaks in and makes them more flexable.

Back