Team losi Aftershock

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilxayboi

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys i have just bought a brand new Team Losi Aftershock. I was just hoping for a general chat about it to see if you have had any experience with them. One thing i have noticed though is that when i leave it overnight it seems to flood the engine by itself.

Get in touch.

does it have a clip to cut off the fuel? my buddy has a warhead evo and his floods if he doesn't clip the fuel line overnight.

no it doesn't have any clip. i think its stopped since that last post. now I'm starting to thhink that it hasnt got a very lond lifespan because i have had it literaly 4 weeks and i need to replace a gear because it is worn out!!??

Hey guys i have just bought a brand new Team Losi Aftershock. I was just hoping for a general chat about it to see if you have had any experience with them. One thing i have noticed though is that when i leave it overnight it seems to flood the engine by itself.

Get in touch.

Do you leave it with fuel in the tank? How do you shut it off?

Iask these two things because they are common reasons why the engine seems flooded.

If you leave the fuel in the tank, it tends to gum up if you leave it in too long.This leads to tuning issues later.

Tto shut it off, the best method is to hit the flywhell with the tip of your shoe or if you are brave with your finger. I do it inow since I have done it enough. LOL. This is the best method IMO since it does not give the engine a lean or rich condition.
Please let us know how you are doing these two.

wel i do leave fuel in the tank and i turn it off via blocking the exaust.

Personally, I would never leave fuel in the tank. When I am done for the day, the excess fuel is dumped and then I start it to burn-off any fuel left in the line. Even if I am going to run it the very next day, I will do this.

I also will only stop the engine by stopping the flywheel whenever possible.

Blocking the exhaust works, but there is still pressure in the pipe when you do this and it goes to the tank which pushes fuel into the engine which will flood it on occasion.

If you can't access, or are unwilling to stop the flywheel, pinch the fuel line as close to the carb as possible to kill it.

I have tryed the fuel line method but it starts to speed up so much before it cuts out. I have been told that the 'low end mixture' can sort that out.

WHERE THE HELL IS THAT!??!?!? and what do i do with it?

I have tryed the fuel line method but it starts to speed up so much before it cuts out. I have been told that the 'low end mixture' can sort that out.

WHERE THE HELL IS THAT!??!?!? and what do i do with it?

if you pinch the fuel line by the carb and it speeds up alot then you are running a little to rich, turn the LOW IDOL SCREW in 1 hour and start it up and let it warm up 30 sec. and then pinch it again. It should revv up just a little bit and then shut off. If the motor shuts off with no revv then you went to far. This should make the motor start easy and you should have good power off the line. I hope this helps you. my losi is BAD FAST

Hay, your gear problem is with all the Losi trucks.
You need the Titanium spur gear kit, about $70 bucks. It will never ware out again.

Back