Team Losi Aftershock help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p8ntballerzzzz

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey. I'm new to nitro trucks and I need some help/advice. I recently just bought a Aftershock brand new. I have broken in about 2 tanks through the truck.When I let it warm up and drive it round some, I bring it back to me and it doesn't go back to idling. It is high pitch and it still wants to move, sounds like it is still in gear. Does it sound like I have a leak? IF so what should I do? It is wierd, and I would like some help. I have a noticable trail of smoke comming from the truck when driving and I think that is good.
Thanks for your help

EDIT: I also have air in my fuel lines, going from gas tank to fuel cleaner(i think, blue thing) to my carb. I was wondering if you think mabye there is a leak?
Thanks alot

EDIT:I was letting it idle for about 3 min. and There was a 3 in circle of fuel on the ground under the muffler, is that normal? And the truck is running at 170ish after driving around under 1/2 throtle. Should I make it more lean? There is a noticible trail of smoke when it goes.
Thanks again

Last edited:
Its sound like you idles alittle high. And yes its better to be rich than lean, its less ware and tear on your engine.

ok, well when I take off, The idle is fine. Just after I bring it back is when It stays high and won't go down unless I prime it, but then it will still go up after that.
Thanks for your helpp

You prime it while its running?
Just look on your transmitter and there should be an adjustment for throttle adjustment. Turn that down a bit and you should be fine. Also is this on a full tank or half or less.

I prime it while it is running to calm it down. What will turning down the throtle do? Make it less sensative?(sp?) The tank was like 3/4 full

If you take it down just alittle it will keep your truck from moving at a stand still. It lowers your idle alittle. In my experience most R/c's have there idle alittle high when there new. Just turn it down alittle and it should be good.
Remember this though in R/c alittle goes along way so don't over do your adjustments. You should turn it about 1/12 a turn or 1 hour on a clock.
Hope this helps.

Yup, I only change it by "hours". Do you have the same controler? I am still learning bout it and I was wondering if you could tell me some how to lower it. If not, Thats fine.
Thanks

I am not familiar with the Aftershocks controller but theres a few guys with Aftershocks in here that would be more than glad to help.

Allright cool, I just reset the settings so I hope it goes good. But Any people feel free to answer. Right now I have TH at norm, TH R/B at 100 ect. All those at 100. But I was wondering if that shounds good. Sorry I'm such A noob.

Its kinda late but you may get a response from on of the more experienced R/cers. And don't worry about all the questions we were all noobs at one point right?

Haha yup. I might pm some of them, or just wait till they see this.

make sure your throttle linkage isnt sticking in the servo horn. i used to have the same problem with the AS and thats what caused it. it would keep the slide carb out just enough to keep the revs up above idle, and it didnt do it unless the throttle was opened. I'm also betting that your fuel filter is leaking. especially if your getting bubbles in the fuel line. dont worry, all of the stock fuel filters on this truck are crap. i dont think I've heard of one that doesn't leak out of the box.

BTW, shoot me a pm if your interested in paintball (it looks like it because of your name) we might be able to swap battle stories.

You need to adjust your idle setting mechanically, with the idle screw. If you do it with the trim, you'll be stalling it when you apply brakes. With the engine idling, adjust the screw and turn the trim down to zero. When starting cold, turn up the trim, and as the engine warms, start turning it down. The oil you see around the pipe on the ground is normal.
Your temps at half throttle are ok, but you want to get them in the 200 range for good heat cycling. After the engine shuts off, always turn the flywheel to set the piston at full bottom.
The bubbles you see in the line are a sign of an air leak. Get some red ATV at an auto store, and remove and seal the carb neck and backplate. Check your lines, and your fuel tank seal for leaks also.
Don't rush the break in. Do it right, and the engine will be happy for a long time.

Back