Team Infinity .21js or trx 3.3 (multishaft)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AheadOfThePack

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Christmas is right around the corner and I want to replace my good reliable but power lacking vx-16... Can someone tell me what is a good engine for my 1\10 redcat lightning? My friend has a jato 3.3 and i'm getting tired of him doing a wheely while passing me on the street when we race. I've done so much research its not even funny! I've found the team infinity .21js whitch they say that it would be a direct drop in for my car but the thing is all the way over in austrailia! And then theres the 3.3 that idk if it would fit into my car!?! Looking for a engine between $145-$190

Respond soon someone pleassse! Thanks

I would imagine any more power would tare the drivetrain up. Redcat isn't known for their drive train strength. That said, nothing wrong with goin for it. If you get a quality engine that makes the power you want and the truck can't handle it, you can always put the engine in another rig.

Thanks for the reply! And dont worry about the drivetrain, i will be getting all metal tranny gears and reinforced driveshafts aka. Dogbones. Prolly leaning toward the Team Infinity .21JS only because reviews on the 3.3 say its underpowered for its displacemement, and idk if its a direct drop in engine.

Infinity is a Toki engine. Much better with a 3.3. Even better with a OS.21

Shoot mann i wanna keep my car on the ground and keep it from going airborn and stay away from the o.s. .21 lmao!,Do you know if the trx will "drop into" my car with a multi-shaft???!! I would think so, right?

Back