Team associated

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wacmartin

DAMN TREES
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok I'm looking at buying the Team Associated rc10 b44.1 brushless. I want to do some stock racing. I was just wondering if this would be a good starting point for stock 2 wd racing, our does anyone have any other suggestions?

1)- The B44.1 is 4 wheel Drive..... The B4.1 is 2 wheel drive.
2) If you are talking about the B44.1, there is not a stock class for them, since they are only a kit, not a ready-to-run. They do make a B4.1 RTR. Make sure your local track has a stock 2wd buggy class. I hope this helps a little.:D

"stock" does not necessarilly mean what some might call "box stock" or a RTR rig right out of the box.

Generally speaking, in racing, "stock" usually refers to the motor/esc combo for the class. Stock or "spec" is generally 17.5 turn brushless motors. In spec racing this is usually paired with a "blinky" speed control or a speed control that can be set to what we call "blinky". A blinky esc or blinky mode is race jargon for non-adjustable timing (on the ESC itself, not referring to the motor).

If your track has a 4WD stock class then a B44.1 with the appropriate electronics is probably what you need. However, it sounds like you're shopping for a 2WD rig instead.

Sorry I meant b4.1 and yes the track does have a class for this. I just want to try out racing first for a season see if I like it then maybe invest in a nice 4wd buggy. Do you guys have any other suggestions in that price range. Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it.

Back