Team Associated SC18 short course truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
team-associated-SC18.jpg

Team Associated has given us yet another short course truck to the every growing list already - the new Team Associated SC18! The Team Associated SC188 Brushless RTR comes loaded with big time features including the XP3-SS 3-channel 2.4GHz radio system, 4WD, and a Reedy brushless power system!

Click to continue

not too sure about this one. Looks like just a refreshed rc18 platform but with belt drive. I can't see a belt drive lasting that long in the environments these trucks run in.

i'm a big associated guy, i think it would be good. whatever they did to it, is probably worth it. look what they did with the SC10, based it off (almost identically) to the t4/gt2 and that thing is awesome. i have no doubt the 1/18 is too [SIGN]Team AE[/SIGN]

looks like a pain to work on traxxas slash has a nice easy to use platform i like. i dont know about associated in genral but thats just me I'm more of a fan of traxxas thats all i run.

looks like a pain to work on traxxas slash has a nice easy to use platform i like. i dont know about associated in genral but thats just me I'm more of a fan of traxxas thats all i run.

i personally don't like traxxas. HOWEVER i do have to be fair and say this:

if you want to race, associated can't be beat.
if you want to bash, traxxas is the way to go

AE= Very nice products. I wonder why they made such a radical drivetrain change though. The old platform seemed to hold up to bl/lipo just fine...

AE= Very nice products. I wonder why they made such a radical drivetrain change though. The old platform seemed to hold up to bl/lipo just fine...

maybe they figured that a belt drive would actually provide a weak point. just like with many other parts of RC trucks. possibly they figured a common issue among the old drive trains. and putting an easy to replace belt in would be an easier fix than ripping apart transmissions and diffs?

Well I have to say i baught my slash a week ago and raced just this last saterday and i took first againt this truck, now I'm not saying etheir one is better because i think it had alot to do with driving style. i must say it looks like it performes well but for me i like easy to work on platform's. aka traxxas slash. But like you said if its the best for racing then I'm going to look into it may even buy one because it looks like alot of people like it, and says its a great truck.

You took first against this 1/18 scale truck with your 1/10 or 1/16 slash? And how can you tell that it's a pain to work on, when the picture only shows it with the body on it?

1/10 scale but like i said it could be driving style i have been beat by this truck befor but we are back and forth. i looked up more pics but aslo like i said I'm looking into the truck now i want 1 of both being slash and SC18 so i can race both.

oh wait i take that back i raced the sc10 that we are back and forth on wining

Back