Team Associated road car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

folley19

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have an issue with my car. The tank does not have a primer on the tank. How do you prime the car. I was told put my finger over the exhaust and pull the pull start, didn't work. I was told to put my finger over the carb and pull the start cord.....didn't work. Please help.:angry:

You can take the fuel line out of the exhaust and blow into the tank until you see fuel reach the carb by watching the fuel line that comes out the other side of the tank. Or Associated makes a primer bulb for the MGT 4.6 that you can put in the fual line. Its got a 1 way valve so it will prime the motor without having to remove any of the fuel lines.

Plug the exhaust stinger with your finger and attempt to start the car. When you see the fuel in the line reach the carb, remove your finger. It does work since it's the way I did it on all my nitros.

Blowing in the pressure line will work also as mentioned.

if puting your finger over the stinger does not work then change the lines you may have a leak

Back