Team Associated RC8

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Is the RC8 roller worth the money ???

• Yes

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Heck no it's junk

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chip cross

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok guys, I am looking to buy a RC8 buggy whats your opinoin on them ??? I will buy the roller version and convert it to electric. So let me hear you thoughts

What happened to the SC8E? It's the same chassis.

Gonna have to say "heck no it's junk" becasue i'm a big losi fan ..
but to be honest .. the buggy and truggy from AE look good on the track

Not if you do it right .. they add two o-rings under the batt box and leave the screw a little loose and i never had one problem nor have the others who did this..
but yes they did eat them at first

Not if you do it right .. they add two o-rings under the batt box and leave the screw a little loose and i never had one problem nor have the others who did this..
but yes they did eat them at first
A buddy (the local track owner) is a Losi nut he will not run anything else. I was just was wanting some feedback from racers. I am going to start racing at my local track now that their gonna let e-buggies run.

Last edited:
I race every weekend here in NJ (well during the season)
And if your going to go AE I think you'll be happy with it ,, but one thing to think about AE buggys you can drive a bit harder

it's tuff enough .. i would say the losi could take more of a beating but it's hard to say .. i think both are pretty beefy

But buddy (the local track owner) is a Losi nut he will not run anything else. I was just was wanting some feedback from racers. I am going to start racing at my local track now that their gonna let e-buggies run.

Did anyone else catch that he said "but buddy"? :hehe::hehe:

HAHAHA .. yeah i had to read it twice but yeah !!!
is there something you wanta tell us Chip?? lol

several guys at our local track run the RC8 buggy and they looks super fast.. I've seen those cars taking a beating with out any problems, there is a guy in the ofna forum that says that the RC8 is not as strong as the new hyper9, why would he say that?

I've been pondering the Losi or the RC8 buggy myself and asked a local sponsored racer his opinion. Supposedly, the Losi's are great on tight, technical tracks (european style) because the chassis flex really helps handling. However, for bashing or more rough/american style tracks the RC8 is a better choice overall.

Both are great buggies but personally I've settled on the RC8 as my next purchase.

I am not a racer nor to purport to be an expert but I do read a lot. The Associated SC8 and the Losi 8ight are top-notch buggies IMHO, and if I were in the market for one I would have a hard time deciding.

Do I smell a new build-thread coming our way?

I am not a racer nor to purport to be an expert but I do read a lot. The Associated SC8 and the Losi 8ight are top-notch buggies IMHO, and if I were in the market for one I would have a hard time deciding.

Do I smell a new build-thread coming our way?

Yep, RC8 with RCM conversion kit, Mamba Monster Max 1/8 scale combo. on 4s blacked out everything.

I myself am a Losi man, but the RC8 is a great buggy. Very touch and handles well.

Back