Team assoc SC 10 (rear wheels dont turn slipper clutch is tight) How do I fix this?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankvee

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi yall just took out my sc 10 with a fresh battery and its slipping thus the tires wont spin. I did try to tighten up the slipper clutch but thats not working. Can someone lead me in the right direction on fixing this issue? Thanks in advance....

Hi yall just took out my sc 10 with a fresh battery and its slipping thus the tires wont spin. I did try to tighten up the slipper clutch but thats not working. Can someone lead me in the right direction on fixing this issue? Thanks in advance....
Sounds like the slipper. Did you tighten all the way. Then back off 1/4 to 1/2 turn... or did you just tighten it up a little?
When was the last time u had it out. And it was fine?

If you're sure the slipper is tight then cheak your pinion and spur. If those look ok then check your gears in your transmission and/or diffs.

If you're sure the slipper is tight then cheak your pinion and spur. If those look ok then check your gears in your transmission and/or diffs.
Maybe he figured it out. Never got a response or answer....

No sorry I am a hollywood teamster work to many hours and have not had a chance to grt back to you. So I retightened the slipper and nothing happens. The spur gear is fine no slippage. So I should check the transmission? Do I have to take it apart? Then look fpr stripped gears?

No sorry I am a hollywood teamster work to many hours and have not had a chance to grt back to you. So I retightened the slipper and nothing happens. The spur gear is fine no slippage. So I should check the transmission? Do I have to take it apart? Then look fpr stripped gears?
Yeah, start with pinion and spur and then start moving through the drive line.

Whats up bud.. Dam work always gets in the way.🤣. Could be the gears are no more. Sounds like you got to due some wrenching bud. Do they turn while off the ground? Could be the diff

Yes they do but as soon as it contacts the ground it starts to slip and barely moves.

Yes they do but as soon as it contacts the ground it starts to slip and barely moves.
Oh yeah man sounds like the diff. With that little bit of info added. 2wd or 4wd either way is definitely a gear. I bet

Awesome So how do I fix that? Where do I start first? Taking out the transmission then take it apart and look for broken gears? Please if you could help me fix this I would greatly appreciate it.

Ok no problem what model do you have Exactly. Associated sc10 2wd or 4wd. Do you have the manual for it?
I've been looking and reading about it all day. It's got to be the diff. Inside the tranns. If the rear wheels spin while off the ground. And then they don't when you buy it down. It's got to be ther gears in diff. But it's definitely in the transmission

Awesome So how do I fix that? Where do I start first? Taking out the transmission then take it apart and look for broken gears? Please if you could help me fix this I would greatly appreciate it.
Yep tear down the transmission and diffs (if applicable) and start looking for anything busted.

could also be your ball diff.. have you checked it also?. good ole flat head screw driver thru drive cup to tighten it up. if truck was a shelf queen as had the slightest bit of moisture that could be issue

Had to work today just got home I'm getting ready to tear it down Ill hit you back up once I see something. Thanks again

Finally got to the transmission I took it all apart and found out that one of the bearings on the output drives was obliterated. So I'm guessing that was the the problem? I'm trying to take the gear diff apart but I dont see any screws to release the ouput drives. Can you guide me in the right direction?

Wish I could help but I've never messed with ball diffs. not to sure about them.

Its okay I was cleaning it and found some screws so I took them out and figured it out. Thanks anyways........
Ok no problem what model do you have Exactly. Associated sc10 2wd or 4wd. Do you have the manual for it?
I've been looking and reading about it all day. It's got to be the diff. Inside the tranns. If the rear wheels spin while off the ground. And then they don't when you buy it down. It's got to be ther gears in diff. But it's definitely in the transmission
Hi there so I finally took the transmission apart and found that a bearing from the out put drive just came apart the bearings fell out of it. Could that be the reason it was slipping? Nothing else looked damaged or worn. So its a team associated sc 10 2 wd. The other thing I saw was that the diff had no oil in it. I'm not sure if there is suppose to be grease or oil in there? Other than the bearing comeing apart thats all I saw.
Hi there so I finally took the transmission apart and found that a bearing from the out put drive just came apart the bearings fell out of it. Could that be the reason it was slipping? Nothing else looked damaged or worn. So its a team associated sc 10 2 wd. The other thing I saw was that the diff had no oil in it. I'm not sure if there is suppose to be grease or oil in there? Other than the bearing comeing apart thats all I saw

Last edited:
Back