Tamiya tt02 noise

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awee

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I just assembled the car but it makes a strange noise and the reverse sometimes fails.

If I turn off the transmitter the car stops making that noise.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Last edited:
Have you bound the transmitter and calibrated the ESC?

Have you bound the transmitter and calibrated the ESC?

I have tried it, but I have the Tamiya TBLE-04S esc speed controller and I don't know very well how to configure it, I have looked at the manual. But I am not able to configure it correctly

First up, set the car on a stand or base so the wheels are off the surface. Or just remove the wheels altogether.

Turn the radio and the car on in that order, making sure the throttle trim knob is at the center or zero position before powering on the radio. In fact, always make sure throttle trim is at zero when powering on the radio. Then press and hold the set button on the ESC until the light blinks green, orange, then back to a flashing red. Release the button. Pull the trigger on the remote all the way back as if to go forward with the car and hold at full throttle. Press the set button. It should then be two flashing red blinks. Hold the trigger full reverse and press the set button. The light should go out. Power off the car, then the radio.

Your ESC is now calibrated.

@WickedFog @tntpoof

Hello,

The noise is caused by the Servo power hd LF-13MG as I have read it is normal, in digital servos. Apparently it's something I should give importance to

Another question I have, when I'm using the car, if I accelerate it works fine, but if I use reverse it doesn't work, if I press reverse again it works, I have to reverse it twice for it to work.

Do you know how I can solve it?

It is supposed to do that. It is to prevent the motor from instantly reversing and destroying the drivetrain. Some ESC's will allow for an instant reverse setting, but I highly advise against setting it to that if yours does. If you do, be prepared to replace gears, axles, wheels, pins, etc.

Back