Tamiya tt02 diffs and spur gear upgrades

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Animeweeb

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder
so i have an tt02 and i want to upgrade the diffs to metal and to a metal spur gear too do you guys know where i can find them in the US because tamiya parts are really hard to find

https://www.tqrcracing.com has TT02 stuff, but availability is hit and miss. They have the oil filled diffs, but I don't see a metal spur gear. I buy all my TT02 stuff there. Very fast shipping from California to Indiana.

Any particular reason you want to run a metal spur? I have a 13t Hobbywing Justock in mine with 27t pinion and 64t plastic spur and it is silky smooth. I have the Tamiya metal motor mount out of the TT02R kit as well. No issues at all.
Screenshot_20210617-214317_Video Player.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.tqrcracing.com has TT02 stuff, but availability is hit and miss. They have the oil filled diffs, but I don't see a metal spur gear. I buy all my TT02 stuff there. Very fast shipping from California to Indiana.

Any particular reason you want to run a metal spur? I have a 13t Hobbywing Justock in mine with 27t pinion and 64t plastic spur and it is silky smooth. I have the Tamiya metal motor mount out of the TT02R kit as well. No issues at all.
View attachment 128661
oh i was just trying to run a metal spur because i was afraid of the plastic one stripping out with a brushless motor

oh i was just trying to run a metal spur because i was afraid of the plastic one stripping out with a brushless motor
What motor and pinion are you running? I would grab the metal motor mount no matter what you run. The plastic one might destroy gears on a hot motor. Spurs are cheap for these, so if you are worried, grab a couple backups from tqrc.

What motor and pinion are you running? I would grab the metal motor mount no matter what you run. The plastic one might destroy gears on a hot motor. Spurs are cheap for these, so if you are worried, grab a couple backups from tqrc.
alright thanks i am running all stock gearing and the whole car is stock but for the motor and esc

Back