Tamiya Terra crusher

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sporty982000

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was wondering if someone out there still has one and uses it.

Mods. I have two used ones and jsut got them going decent.

1 with a o.s. 18 engine and the other the fs-18 tamiyia engine.

Been getting the tranny gear delay / advance right in them.

I was more curious to what other mods in regards to engine's being used and what works without major mods.

like a .21 or 3.3 motor, and how the stock tranny holds up to the extra power and speed.

I'd like to have more power for running in the grass, jumps and maybe a wheelie or two. I'm not interested in top speed.

the current .18 motors go plenty fast for my likes, its more the low end and power in 1st gear, I'm interested in.

Sporty

I've got one but I'm afraid I have no useful knowledge on building one up. It was my first truck so I'm still hanging on even though my hobby shop says that parts are becoming scarce for it. And my complaint with it is not having enough power. It's a bit truck so it'd be cool if I could keep up with or speed past the smaller Tmaxxs.

I'm working on rebuilding one right now. It was stock with a seized motor and no radio or body. Just doing a little here and there, cosmetic stuff right now. Losing the blue and going with a red theme. Planning on the Losi 3.4 for the power plant.

Tony's is on the top of my list. That is where most of the red came from.

How easily will the Losi bolt in? I'm sure there is some fab required beyond drilling different mount holes.

The 3.4 is a small block so that part should bolt right up, but I'm not sure on the shaft lengths. I know the TRX 3.3 multishaft is a drop-in with minor trimming for the exhaust. I never had the Tamiya ez start and I know Traxxas' starter can be modded to fit the Losi 3.4, so I was figuring a pull start might be best option.

phone 183.jpg

phone 187.jpg

Here's where I'm at now, thanks to Tony's...

The 3.4 is a small block so that part should bolt right up, but I'm not sure on the shaft lengths. I know the TRX 3.3 multishaft is a drop-in with minor trimming for the exhaust. I never had the Tamiya ez start and I know Traxxas' starter can be modded to fit the Losi 3.4, so I was figuring a pull start might be best option.

So if I were to grab a 3.3 multi shaft, it would bolt in easily? Besides the trimming for the exhaust. I'm most worried about the throttle servo. Because the angle on the truck is perpidicular to the slide carb on the 3.3

It will take a little modding for a slide throttle unless you find one with the rotary carb. I haven't had time to research rotary carb compatibility yet, but I have seen OS carbs on 3.3s. HPI carbs had rated decently and affordable whereas OS ones are pricey. Rotary are said to be "not as responsive" as slide yet still functional. I don't have the resources, but would love to know if a rotary carb could be fitted to the Losi 3.4 and function adequately.

Here's a pic of the old slide conversions.
21_Conversion_03.jpg

Here's where I'm at now......check out my gallery too.
picture.php

Back