Tail Spin on fbl h1-SOLVED-

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickeyFKNMouse

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
So I bought a h1 flywing fbl and got everythinng setup properly. (I think) Followed instructions to a t and setup radio. Everything works and all switches and control surfaces work fine and perfectly…

However… the tail spins counter clockwise on spool up (as in anti torque not working) i can't control the tail at all. It just spins with the head. Once there is power and the head is rotating i cannot control the tail. But… before i start the motors i can control it and it works perfectly. Seems to be once it gets to half spool up it starts to spin. Yes I've been through the software setups. Followed videos. Checked and checked everything. Set tail gain high, mid and low. Reset to defaults. Reversed the tail servo. No matter what I do on the radio the tail just spins. Even if I full right stick, diddly fkn squat but the servo moves.

Appreciate any help. I have it on a 550 using jumper t16 with open tx

Man, I wish I could help, my knowledge of heli's is extremely limited. This might help.
Click here!
Appreciate the link. However it was flying ok before I put the new unit on after making it flybarless. This is my first attempt at flybarless.
Thanks anyway

check radio setups. is it in heli mode(betting not)..

check radio setups. is it in heli mode(betting not)..
Doesn’t need to be. I’m on opentx and it’s in plane mode. This is the way the flight controller uses opentx. It’s does all the ccpm mixing for you. And as mentioned. In the software and on power up everything works as it should.

then the flight controller is the issue. anyway to test it? are you sure flybarless is working correctly?. I've only built 1 quad 6 years ago with a flight controller in it . dint like it so removed it went back to flying. till it took off (eun away had rx failsafe no help)and went on its lake erie journey..about 75 miles from my home t pelle. had it tagged got a call 3 months latter guy found it in Ca on the beach.. not worth having it sent back to me.

Last edited:
then the flight controller is the issue. anyway to test it? are you sure flybarless is working correctly?. I've only built 1 quad 6 years ago with a flight controller in it . dint like it so removed it went back to flying. till it took off (eun away had rx failsafe no help)and went on its lake erie journey..about 75 miles from my home t pelle. had it tagged got a call 3 months latter guy found it in Ca on the beach.. not worth having it sent back to me.
Lol. That's a helluva journey. Maybe the drone knew Biden was going to get elected and said "Hell with this, I'm moving to Canada". 🤣😜😝🤪

Last edited:
Lol. That's a helluva journey. Maybe the drone knew Biden was going to get elected and said "Hell with this, I'm moving to Canada". 🤣😜😝🤪
hope he .she .or it got its free medical. I know I never did ! wondering what they are being called? illegal alien. Foreign national..I'm thinking the taxes they had to pay due to 99% or quad was nonCanadian were high.

Luckily never had a run away quad. And before I do every flight I always check failsafe works. Mines set to crash.
Pretty sure flight controller is working properly. I move the tail and the blades twist to counter it.

Turns out, however that although I did follow the instructions and videos to a t, that it had to be in 3D mode when setting up the head in the software. Nowhere at all does it bloody say that. In fact the manual says to not have the tx on at all!

Glad you got it squared away, frustrating as all get out when you you do what it says and its wrong.

Turns out, however that although I did follow the instructions and videos to a t, that it had to be in 3D mode when setting up the head in the software. Nowhere at all does it bloody say that. In fact the manual says to not have the tx on at all!
Thats just like this Hyperion eMeter V2 datalogger I just got. I was trying to get it all set up and figure out how it works. I got to the part where I needed to download the log files from the datalogging unit to the handheld reader so it could be transferred to the PC to be graphed in their software. The instructions just say to turn it on and if theres new data on it youll be prompted to download the logs. NOT true....The instructions failed to mention that you have to hold down the menu botton on the front while you turn it on to be prompted to download the logs. Took me FOREVER to figure that out lol

Glad you got it sorted now :)

How did you get your heli fixed mine is doing the same thing

Back