T Maxx W/ Bump Start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be sweet somebody come up with it.

I think you could design some sort of adapter for the bump start system that would fit a t-maxx with minimal change to the t-maxx chassis or body.

Man I wish someone would comw up with that adapter.

i know its not the same but I've been using the old drill start i know they make a adapter for them its like 60$ though .. if you can get access to the one way bearing a 12mm socket fits it and you can start it with a drill thats if everything is out of the way so you can use it

Rob :banana:

Native Racing makes a conversion kit that allows you to use a starter

Originally posted by El Pirata
I'll have to see what me and my machinist friend can come up with.

If your going to do that start with a new engine mount that sets the engine lower so the flywheel will stick out the bottom of the chasis. You will gain a better COG and all you need to do is make a starter box that will reach the now lower flywheel.

Or make a bolt on adapter to the bump starter that makes you not need the new mount.

bumpstart

The Pro Start from Native Racing allows you to run any motor in your TMAXX.The conversion kits they sell are the best handling racemaxx on the market.Balance is everything:banana:

Originally posted by matts6887
Well; correct me if u think I might be wrong; but the problem with that is; then traxxas would have to design a new chassis for it and design some new other stuff for it which in turn might raise the price of the truck. I dont know for sure what else they would have to do to accomodate a bump start engine; but I know there are some other things.

actually wouldnt mind seeing something like that myself; as I would like to avoid the one way bearing problems when possible.

Indeed it is different. I know a guy that runs at the track I go to that actually got that bumpstart conversion for his tmaxx and runs it that way and indeed it is pretty slick.

Hey waffle boy 3 posts one thread 3 different points of view, first you think it can't be done, then you would like to see it done, then you have already seen it done on some guys truck at the track. If you are gonna :spam a thread at least keep the same point of view from one post to the next. I guess its easier to pad your post count by doing this huh?

BTW there is a company out there that makes a hand held bumpstarter that works from the top of the truck, I will try to find a link and post it.

Hey NCNITRO I just want to now about the bump start.