T-Maxx Transmission Reverse Shifting SHAFT "IN" or "OUT for REVERSE?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dailun

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi,
I'm a newbie and am confused. I have an older T-maxx transmission but currently for FORWARD, the shaft has to be in the OUT position. I could have sworn it was the other way around. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks in advance for any opinions or help offered. It shifts fine in reverse and forward.

I'm pretty sure as well that it's supposed to be out for reverse. The idler gear for the reverse is mounted on the forward end of the tranny which means the reverse outdrive gear on the output shaft is the forward-most gear, which tranlates to the shifting shaft being "out". Maybe I'm thinking of it wrong though...

I'm pretty sure as well that it's supposed to be out for reverse. The idler gear for the reverse is mounted on the forward end of the tranny which means the reverse outdrive gear on the output shaft is the forward-most gear, which tranlates to the shifting shaft being "out". Maybe I'm thinking of it wrong though...

I think you are right! Do you think there's some thing I should check in the transmission? What can cause it to be backwards? Everything currently works. Thanks!

Last edited:
IF its working why are you worried about it?

This is stupid....the original owner had both the Diffs reversed. Thanks for all your help guys. I switched it around and sold it the next day. I just wanted to make sure everything was in order before I sold it.

Back