t-maxx sand driving

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traxxas t-maxx

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have Traxxas t-maxx 2.5 and I drive in a lot of sand I was wondering if you guys would have any ideas to make it more sand proff so not so much sand could get in. I did think of buying a roll cage a cover it with clear plastic but I would appreciate if you guys could tell me a few more ideas.

You ain't driving hard enough if you ain't breaking things.:second_place:

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll never be able to really keep it clean. I only run mine on the hard sand beach and I've tried everything.

now the I know that I can't stop all of the sand what can I do to save my servo and other parts on my truck.

You ain't driving hard enough if you ain't breaking things:second_place:

Last edited by a moderator:
use balloons to seal your RX.....get a 2 stage irfilter and I'd try to put some sort of nylon cover over that even.....use dry lube in your bearing carriers because grease will attract more dirt and wear parts faster.....seal the diff and tranny cases as best you can....sleeve your shocks......try to find a body that you can make contact with as much of the chassis as possible and velcro those edges to the chassis.....I've seen pics of guys using a heavy polyester material to make flexible barriers around the wheel openings but I imagine that is going to be a PITA to make work right......

Condoms work better for sealing up those servos and battery boxes/receiver boxes. They flex more and are more durable than balloons. Plus you can get them clear so you can see the optidrive lights if you have them.

It was actually my wifes suggestion after watching me struggle with balloons. Just be sure to get the non lubricated especially if running in sand.