T-Maxx from scratch

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdavidhicks

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've been sitting on spare T-Maxx parts forever. The parts that were replaced over the years kept gettin' thrown in a box. With a few more parts I've got another truck!

newmaxx2.jpg

I need some fuel filters for the lines or else I'd have had the whole thing together for that photo.

Here's a nice hatchet-job on the old body to fit over the cage. I still have some holes to make but it's late and I'm tired.

newmaxx3.jpg

Side by side with the old monster... which is runnin' like crap right now for some reason. Busted a motor mount screw so that has to come all apart.

maxxes.jpg

I've reused the EZ-start but I was only planning on using the starter drive and lighting the glow plug with a separate igniter. With the cage on it I can't even get the igniter over the plug! Maybe I can get an igniter with a longer shank.

scottm? You out there? Have you worked through any glow plug/igniter access issues yet?

Hey dubya, that is an old cage. We relocated that spacer for more clearance, so just drill new holes a 1/2" or so away. Let me know if thgat doesn't work for ya.

ya know...

I just might have the skill sets to do that. Maybe even the right drill bit.

Quite frequently the obvious eludes me.

Thanks Scott!

No, I'm not gonna drill the cage. I had a better idea.

igniter1.jpg
igniter2.jpg

Where would we be without a Dremel?

You would be stuck drilling yhe cage. Is this a trick question?

"Rhetorical" is the term you're looking for.

I see you Got er done! There is also a good long glow driver, the hotshot 2 Long. I was expecting to see a dogleg bend in your driver...

My dubro fits with at a little bit of an angle, just sucks when I go to pull the damn plug out.

Cage comes off for that.

Back