T-Maxx Classic steering

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushwaker

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Before I go to the LHS I wanted to ask you all a question. I took everything apart to clean the truck. Now my max will not steer I think I put somthing together wrong the servo is working but it will not move the wheels that much I'm I missing somthing?

Sounds like you over-tightened the pillow balls. Those are the metal ball ends that screw into the end of the A-arm. Try loosening them just a tad and see it that gives you a bit more wiggle room. You want the front hubs to have full travel back and forth to have any turning radius.

Actually, it would be the caps that close down on the pillow balls. The balls are for aligning the camber of the wheels, and the caps keep the slop out. slightly loosen each cap just enough to give you free movement on the steering and suspension.
The cap will have a large hex, and you would put a smaller hex through that to reach the pillow ball adjustment.

where the tie rods hook to the bell did you pu them on top or underneath the plastic arm? i put mine underneath and had the same problem.

Thanks for all the info but I had to get a new servo!!

Back