T-Maxx boggs at full throttle?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TWOBIZI

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Truck runs good, 3.3 motor but boggs when I nail throttle? just put Dynamite tuned pipe on.

high speed is either to rich or to lean, how much smoke is comming from the exaust?

Had the same issue with my 3.3 and 3 of my 2.5 motors...common factor to them all was the carb and how I switched it between the motors. Check for air leaks, mine happened to be in the carb.

If it bogs at throttle from a dead stop, lean the LSN. If it happens when it's running, lean the HSN.

Mine was bogging at WOT while in 2nd gear, I leaned the LSN and it helped a lot. Low speeds were always fine, just gets kinda picky at high speeds. Running a "hot" plug probably didn't help either :)

somthin fishy with your story. if you engine was runnin too rich it would lickely not even reach second gear. i would almost say you should richen up the HSN untill it runs slow, blubbering rich. and start tuning over.

also dont tune on a full tank. idle warm, take it easy on the engine at first. slowly driving it around to build heat. around the half tank mark start tuning. when the tank gets low, fill to about 2/3rds and continue your tuning. the point to all this is to get the engine good and saturated with heat, and tune only with half tank of fuel.

Great pointer dub c ..
is there a reason for not refuelling to a full tank.. i can understand the first tank(to let the engine warm) but you say NOT to tune on a full tank..?
I am sure i have done this but if its no good i will stop..
cheers

Great pointer dub c ..
is there a reason for not refuelling to a full tank.. i can understand the first tank(to let the engine warm) but you say NOT to tune on a full tank..?
I am sure i have done this but if its no good i will stop..
cheers
full tank will make run richer ...empty tank leaner ...so its better to tune around half tank ;)

I have heard that before ( about the tank ) but never thought about the affect on tuning..
thanks i will take that onboard and give it a shot :)

somethin wierd (with me maybe) i could have sworn that i posted my replie in the bogs in second thread. my internet is unreliable, but seriosly that was wierd.