T-maxx Body fitment

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max_Power

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi all! Brand spankin' new member here. Looks like these forums have some great info. I hope its ok to post this in the general forum?

Anyway, I have a few T-maxx trucks I want to get some aftermarket bodies for. One of them is a older original size T-maxx, And the other is a new larger T-maxx 3.3. The smaller one I'm pretty sure I'm going with the Pro-Line VW Baja-bug body(I'm assuming I want the short chassis version?). How do I tell which bodies fit the 3.3 well? There doesn't seem to be a lot of choices? I am looking at Tower, Which carries HPI,Pro-line, and Parma, Am I missing any other manufacturers?

I'm open to a lot of styles, but want to make sure I get something that fits well. Thanks in advance, Todd

Typically you can measure from the front to rear axle to get your rough wheelbase and than do the same on the bodies you are looking at to find the closest. None are ever perfect but getting close will give you a better look that putting a body that has a 13" wheelbase in a truck that has a 9" wheelbase. There are a few other mfr's out there but you would have the top 3 as far as quality goes. 1-Proline, 2-HPI, 3-Parma IMO

Well, I ended up with the Pro-Line Baja Short version for the older Maxx. Its almost masked and should be painted soon!(Its my wife's so she's doing a burnt orange UT scheme). She has painted a body before and really seems to enjoy that more than the rest of RC altogether.(she flies planes and helis with me too!:D )

For my bigger 3.3 Maxx I ended up with the Pro-Line '73 Ford Bronco. I've never been a Ford man ...But I really think these older ones look nice! I'm all done except for mounting and cooling holes (which I'm trying to figure out the best looking option) I'm pretty happy with it so far, although I'm amazed at how nice a lot of you guys paint! Todd

Attachments

• IMG_20120214_124057.jpg
    IMG_20120214_124057.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 73