t-maxx bashing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinytims87

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
so yesterday a buddy and i built a jump for our tmaxx's. its nothing too extreme but itll launch the truck about 4ft in the air with not much speed behind it. i am suprised by how well my tmaxx hld up after the cruel beating i threw it. its mostly stock right now. we launched it about ten time and rolled it almost everytime. the only thing i really broke was the front body post and thrashed the body pretty good. I'm suprised also how well it held up since i also own a rustler and i have replaced almost everything on that cause its so cheaply made. anyways what kinda horror stories do you guys got and what parts have you found to be useful for upgrading your maxx?

I like aluminum skid plates bulkheads and shock towers on mine. Keep the a-arms plastic but maybe go with RPM brands. The forward only conversion was the best thing next to bread to be invented. A good tuned pipe of course. Also with tuned pipe you need a motor saver highflow air filter.

I had an older T-Maxx 2.5R more than several years back that I was running and misjudged the parking lot curb hitting it at full speed. I broke both front bulkheads, both upper A arms, torched the bumper, cracked the fuel tank, bent a turnbuckle, and damaged one tire and rim. I actually damaged both tires and rims, but one side was still serviceable while the other was just plain out screwed.:D

I have ran my Tmaxx into a tree, the bricks around the flower beds, a mail box post, the curb, my Explorer, and the neighbors car. The only thing that broke were the front bulkheads on the curb and the fuel tank. I installed aluminum skid plates to protect the bulkheads. My son then ran it head on into the curb at 1/4 throttle and nothing broke. If I break arms, I will replace them with RPM.