T maxx a dying breed ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacknifejuv

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So a couple days ago was Scrolling the web trying to find some clubs that race or bash nitro that meet up. And found one with a pretty decent size crew . And found out they was having a big meet up yesterday the 26 th of june at a place called thetford forest which is only about an hour away . So i ring the number speak to the organizer and find out if i can come without being a member reply was more the merryier and gave me the details . Got all my stuff ready sat night called a mate see if he wanted to come with his havoc . So we get there for about half eleven sunday expectin there to be half a dozen or so maybe more . Turns out there was about 18 of em all with at least 2 rigs a piece . It weren't so much a race meeting just a off road track to bash and race with some pretty big jumps. While everybody is getting all there rigs out and gettin set up i am the only one with a t maxx . Much to my disgust btw lol . All the rest were savage's revo's losi's ect ect and wen i put it on the track the look on some peoples faces was definatly a kodak moment . Non the less i weren't havin my maxx looked down upon so after a while we all started doin drag races . It was me against a 2.5 revo . And surprisingly beat it then a 3.3 and was level pegging at the end . And its 2wd atm coz i blew the front diff the other day . All in all it was the in the top 3 around the track and in drag . And the only thing that broke out a whole day bashing hard and half a gallon of 25 was a Servo horn . Everyone else broken arms . Driveshafts . Spur gears . Do people not bother with these great little trucks any more ? Certainly looks like it over here . Anyway thats enough ramblin . Whats your view on the truck ?

you know I have noticed that myself here in maine I can't find a tmaxx class of people its all short course now( dont get me wrong I love my slash) but my maxx is my first nitro love!!!... everyone seems to be going to electric. ( has to be from complaints or something because they are a blast!!!!) I have yet to find a club close enough for me to go bash with yet. I have got to go exploring to find the ultimate baash spot around my place and see what I can start... wish me luck!!!! speeking of the maxx ash you should take alook at the new pics i put up.

Lovin the pics . The best one is the maxx with slash top looks really good . Yer i no what your sayin . I think by the end of the bash sesh tho alot of people did say how surprised they were with me truck at how fast it was and how well it performed round the track . Best part of the day had to be covering a shelf queen revo 3.3 all aluminium in dust and dirt that was poodlin around like an oap lol . He didn't look to happy .

well you dont go out and bash around and expect to stay clean.. getting them dirty is half the fun or should i say 1/4 the fun then there is fixing them cleaning them and running them.. l.o.l. oh i forgot the mods.. oh well everyone gets the picture! i have been having a hard time with my origional 3.3 maxx and my jato for some reason. which is odd because the maxx has a new engine and the jato i just rebuilt it. I dont get it but I am going to sseal them up this weak and see what I can figure out.. thank god for the spare 3.3 maxx and my classic or I would be bummin on nitro!!!

Not everybody is like rolex hey lol . Did you have to do much cuttin to get that slash top to fit . I could do with a new lid . Yer either everyone's goin electric or petrol . But no matter which way you turn they all have downsides . The new engine I've got still has the original plug innit with nearly a gallon through so this engine is doin really well . Yer i sealed my new engine before i even put it in the maxx this time especially after all the hastle i had of the old trx . Just need to get a Servo horn and il be back in bizness

So a couple days ago was Scrolling the web trying to find some clubs that race or bash nitro that meet up. And found one with a pretty decent size crew . And found out they was having a big meet up yesterday the 26 th of june at a place called thetford forest which is only about an hour away . So i ring the number speak to the organizer and find out if i can come without being a member reply was more the merryier and gave me the details . Got all my stuff ready sat night called a mate see if he wanted to come with his havoc . So we get there for about half eleven sunday expectin there to be half a dozen or so maybe more . Turns out there was about 18 of em all with at least 2 rigs a piece . It weren't so much a race meeting just a off road track to bash and race with some pretty big jumps. While everybody is getting all there rigs out and gettin set up i am the only one with a t maxx . Much to my disgust btw lol . All the rest were savage's revo's losi's ect ect and wen i put it on the track the look on some peoples faces was definatly a kodak moment . Non the less i weren't havin my maxx looked down upon so after a while we all started doin drag races . It was me against a 2.5 revo . And surprisingly beat it then a 3.3 and was level pegging at the end . And its 2wd atm coz i blew the front diff the other day . All in all it was the in the top 3 around the track and in drag . And the only thing that broke out a whole day bashing hard and half a gallon of 25 was a Servo horn . Everyone else broken arms . Driveshafts . Spur gears . Do people not bother with these great little trucks any more ? Certainly looks like it over here . Anyway thats enough ramblin . Whats your view on the truck ?

Its funny you should say this! I went into my LHS the other day to pick up some parts, and noticed that there were about 12 savages along the back wall. Not one Tmaxx! Now whether or not this is a good thing that he had that many savages along the back wall, is neither here nor there.........they were all savy's.:\

Did they need repairing ?

Either no one has a maxx or the maxx owners are out bashing . Hopefully the latter lol . Its a shame tho coz its such a great little truck yer ok you have to chuck a few bucks innit to get it to savage strength but then the savage's are like 150 more . My lhs has had the same one in stock for the past 2 months every other mt out of stock . Hopefully they will bring out a bigger and better one next year maybe with a bb engine as standard and a beefyier drive line or something .

the slash top all I did was alter the back part of the fenders on the front and the backs. and 4 new holes. and then what ever you want to cut for air holes. it definetly is the first one I have seen with a slash top.
And yeah there are so many savage owners that bash the maxx but keep to themselvs about the poblems some have with the savage. like ash said they all have a couple downfalls!!!!!! I am tying to get more mt owners around here so I have a few other mt's to bash with.

Back