Supermodified

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkslayor24

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
ok so at the racetrack tonight i got a great idea how about an RC supermodified. i need some metal tubing, something to bend the tubing with and a lot of other stuff, any ideas for an engine, a crankcase etc will be greatly apriechiated i need websites if possible...I'm counting on you guys!

ok so at the racetrack tonight i got a great idea how about an RC supermodified. i need some metal tubing, something to bend the tubing with and a lot of other stuff, any ideas for an engine, a crankcase etc will be greatly apriechiated i need websites if possible...I'm counting on you guys!

how big is it going to be ?

I'm planing on roughly 1/10 scale so the main chasis would be around 16 in long and around 3.5 wide (not including bumpers and nerf bars) I'm not sure about the height of it tho

i should try to set up the gearing so i could instead of having a clutch, i could pull the car in and out of gear although complicated it would be kinda cool

I'm planing on roughly 1/10 scale so the main chasis would be around 16 in long and around 3.5 wide (not including bumpers and nerf bars) I'm not sure about the height of it tho

i should try to set up the gearing so i could instead of having a clutch, i could pull the car in and out of gear although complicated it would be kinda cool

yes it would you could put a 15 or 18 engine in

i was thinking something big like a .28

.28 to big go with .50 lol
Little buddy that makes no sense....A .28 is too big so go with a .50? What do you mean by that?
ANYWAY.....Dark.. depending on your gearing, a high RPM .21 would give you more than enough power. What are you looking at for a gearbox? If you use high stall clutch shoes it would give you the super hard engagement I think you are looking for.

yeah I think anything more than a .21 and you would over power an oval, then you wouldn't get the wheel spin you were looking for. definately a cool idea just seems like a winter one:->

i got a .28 on my rusty its was way to much power all it does is throw dirt and spin tires

thats the one thing i dont know about i was thinking about altering the crankshaft so it directly connects to the gearbox so there is no clutch wasoever just like the real super. the transmision eatherway wil be the most dificault part

With out a clutch it will probably idle around 15 mph or so. How are ya going to stop 'er? I guess a high-torque t/b servo would do the job. Start it with a bump starter and look out!

With out a clutch it will probably idle around 15 mph or so. How are ya going to stop 'er? I guess a high-torque t/b servo would do the job. Start it with a bump starter and look out!

that was pretty much wat i was thinking lol