Superchargers 4 Savage XL?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savage XL

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys/gals,
First post question.

I have read on other forums that newly designed car engines are NOT suitable for supercharging. I do not understand the theory behind these remarks, everything is timed by the intake stroke, as the piston rises and then passes TDC the intake ports are closed off but the intake timing is still open, allowing some boost/compression of the fresh intake charge.

If I'm wrong about this, can someone please steer me clear.

I have extensive modding experience and understanding of engine theory with marine disc/drum rotor design, but virtually none with crankshaft induction.

I really need to understand this before forking out heaps of $$ on a supercharger.
Thanks in advance.
:D

Thanks for that 'alpinehyperlite'.

After trolling through all those threads, looks like the decision has been made for me, I will keep my checkbook closed and spend the cash on a good pipe and some engine mods.
:first_place:

Lol, Alpine can be a little harsh from time to time. He got me on the search thing the other day too.

I guess it's to be expected from a cop. :)

Nothing to do with being a cop. I'm just an butthead. :)

In all reality it would most likely be able to work if the unit was built well. The one i saw was a crude pile of crap. And reading all the posts from the past the unit looks great on a shelf queen