super glue screw

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMPERORLAY

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am tightining down some loose screws but I was wondering I could put a drop of super glue on the threads of the screws to keep them in place. I ordered some lock tight but I don't know how long it will take to get here. Can I use the glue that I use for mu tires?? Thannk's

I don't think that would be a good idea, some types of lock tight can be a bear to get loose. I would'nt want to imagine what glue might do.

Loctite is for metal-to-metal joints (where metal screw is screwing into a metal socket) and works okay on metal-to-plastic (where metal screw is screwing into a plastic bushing, lock nut, or socket.)

Super glue will work great if you are trying to screw into a plastic socket, as the glue will bond with the plastic and not so well with the metal. In effect, the screw will help the super glue create thicker thread tracks in the socket. This is something that people do to stripped out plastic sockets, often.

Just be careful how much superglue to put in so you do not end up bonding parts that you do not want bonded.

As for the loctite, make sure you are getting the blue loctite and not the permanent stuff.

i would use lock tight. also glues would probly gum up your socket and be hard to get out.

i would use lock tight. also glues would probly gum up your socket and be hard to get out.

Superglue dries hard like plastic. No gum there.

I have used super glue and CA glue in plastic threaded holes. Works great for keeping the screw in there. And when you need it out, POP, comes right out. No gum, no mess (unless you put too much on and just bonded two parts together you were trying to unscrew. Then you're screwed).

Back