Suggestions for tracks?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitch

RCTalk Qualifier
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I live just west of Boston, any suggestions for nearby off road tracks or skateparks? I’m also driving to Quechee VT this weekend and saw there’s a skatepark there, any others I should hit on the way?
also speaking of recommendations are there any rc clubs or groups near me?

@Glitch if you don't have Google Earth downloaded on your computer then I highly recommend you do. The wife and I have found a ton of different places to run using it.
We have also found some pretty cool places to camp and run our crawlers.

@Glitch if you don't have Google Earth downloaded on your computer then I highly recommend you do. The wife and I have found a ton of different places to run using it.
We have also found some pretty cool places to camp and run our crawlers.
I do, how long does it take you guys to find a good spot? How much do you zoom and how far do you go from your house? I found a place that looked great but upon further inspection it looks like the sky view was from 2014, and houses had been built there since then. Doesn’t help that most of where I live is forest lol

I live about 20 minutes from the forest but to answer your question, I already knew the area pretty well. I zoom in on a road and kind of poke around as I'm scanning up the road.
I usually just sit in the evening before we go and spend a 1/2 hour or so looking around.
We also ride ATVs so I know the areas.

Here in Jersey in some counties, they have blue laws that keep certain businesses closed on Saturdays. I recently found an RC group on facebook running races in a nearby town. The admin uses chalk (kids chalk toys) to lay down the track.

I suggest finding a group or creating one in your area and create the racing magic, lol

Here’s vid of what it looks like..

Back