Stumbled into a great deal

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkyd Basher

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
so yesterday i met this kid who said he had two Maxx's a rustler,a cheap electric car and a bunch of parts. So we went to his house and found, one complete 4910 with a 3.3 aluminum bulks and skid plates.One that was about 3/4 of the way together but all parts are there to complete it. A new 3.3 on a rustler( Car needs some work but runs like crazy). 3 more 2.5s (2 run) and two boxes full of extra parts , including boxes of screws, gas tanks,skid plates, full roll cage, Spur gears, 3 Contollers, 3starter wands,pull starts and a ton more. And the best part is is that i got it all for $100.Already went through all the motors and cleaned the carbs and douched them out with fuel and wd-40, then sealed them all.Got one maxx running, other is gonna be a lil more intricate build though. Just got the chassi, coil springs a few other things powder coated,and almost ready for rebuild. Iwill get some pix up tomorrow of that. But all i can tell that i really need for them is reverse deletes. Pretty excited. Also have a Revo build goin on to.

tomorrow,had two much to do to stop and take pics!!:p:

Very nice, I hope his dad or older brother isn't looking for you right about now.

Sound like you got your hands full for a while, but in a very good way. Enjoy the rigs! :D

Well heres what i got,plus a few things I've already put away.

Last edited:
So i sold a few parts and worked onhis truck and got it running great. Made 70$. Now its like we only paid 30 for it. And he already wants to buy more of the stuff were not gonna use.

Ok Basher today I fell into a great deal! 8am this morning a buddy called me to help him his Jato. So at 8:30 and his second call I went down there to help him. While I was getting his running his cousin shows up and I'm trapped tuning! So I start to bail out...by 11am I landed a deal: a 2.5 T-Maxx, 3.3 T-Maxx, a nitro 4-Tec 2.5, and a Jato 2.5. All four for $500 not to mention tons of extras. by 3 pm (alot of clraning and tuning) the 2.5 T, and the Jato sold for $500...woohoo free 4Tec and 3.3 T-Maxx plus a lot of parts, starters, and chargers.

It's more than a hobby...it's an addiction!"

wow that is a good deal. Think u got me beat.Either way I'm happy. Ijust sold the one max for 250 so were up about 200 over what we paid.

i never find good deals like that........because i live in the middle of nowhere !!!!!

mine to!!! Nearest one is an hour and they dont have a ton of parts or knowledge. We r in the boondocks here also. RCs are few and far between here but we r trying hard to get it going.I have hooked about 5-6 people so far and everyone that watches us race really wants one also. Thats why i am tryin to build these trucks and have them for people to drool on and want bad enough to buy. Its really not about the money for me to do it, its really about having all these guys and trucks to race with. Its just so dam addicting and fun. All the money i make goes right to the hobbyshops on Ebay.