Stronger Merv diff options?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REVO-5309

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm lookin at replacing my rear diff as half the teeth are gone. Getting two so I'll have a spare. Are there any other diff gear options or secrets/tips to them?

No other options i know of, did you check them before you ran the car? you will need to shim them to get the mesh perfect before running the car on 3s

You also need to fill them with diff fluid, one of mine was totally dry. I probably have around 50 packs through the MERV, no diff issues yet. But, I haven't done any back flips at all.

well i just got a new one, put 100k in it, the other diff had 50k that i put in, it came with a coat of oil or something on it but wasn't full from factory.

i used a single .01 or .02mm shim in front of the pinon gear to push it towards the ring gear a little. just did a quick test and it sounds good.

I'm going to pull apart the gear box in the next few days and inspect that, also check the front diff as i havent taken that out. ill prob put 50k in the front as thats all i have i think.

I would reverse that if I were you. I did 5k rear and 3k front, and it's a handful in the loose stuff. I'll re-do it eventually with 5k front, 3k rear to make it hook up better. Just my opinion though.

i love oversteer tho. I'm going to leave it i think, if i dont like it i can always change it. i have a 1/10 revo with a .28 lrp and it have 100k in rear and 50k in front and love it. going to put 500k in rear tomorrow and take it for a run.

Yeh I can see where your coming from :) I'm pretty keen to learn that part the hard way though :p

I'm planning on putting the shorter green pushrods on with some street Tires and the white springs. The harder rear diff will make it more interesting I think :p