Storm SUT vs Storm Pro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rx7r695p

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What's the difference in the buggy and the truggy for GS Storm

Not a huge amount....

Pro, no engine supplied, SUT a .25
Pro, no radio gear, SUT has some
Pro, Rallyx wheels, SUT Truck wheels
Pro, Buggy body, SUT, Truck body,
Front shocks and shock mounts are different.
and a few other bits i'm sure.

I'm not 100% positive about the SUT but other truggy conversions come with....different shock towers, long front shocks, monster truck tires, lager spur gear, wheel adaptors, risers for center diff, new servo tray. Search "SUT" and look for the thread by ultegraSTI this should give you some more answers.

shock towers, front shocks, hub adaptors, wheels/tires, mudguards, servo tray, center brace, motors and radio (if u lookin at RTRs, not pro), body mounts, gearing, the chassis (SUT is slotted more for the bigger gears), center diff risers.

i believe thats all, i'm in a rush, so i might have missed something.

now if u want to compare RTRs vs the Pro versions. thats a different kettle of fish.

both cases there mass changes that u MUST consider if ur lookin at 1 of these to be a main ride for you.

i have a Storm Pro and a SUT Pro now, along w/66% of a SUT RTR parts truck that can be utilized by both rides.

tell me what you wanna do or what ur lookin at and i'll help you.

-ult

Dude I'm so thrown about getting rid of my tricked out Revo to get the Storm Sut Pro on top of that I don't know if I should put the Storm Pro buggy up against Kyosho and Mugen this summer race season.... I can't decide if I should keep the buggy a buggy or turn it to the truggy and race with a Mugen MBX 5 or TT s3...

eh, i'd say keep ur storm pro a buggy and race ur revo as well. the conversion kit isnt cheap and unlimited field at most places is hit or miss from 1 wk to next. whereas always a buggy field and u can race ur revo in any truck class just about.

if u want a truggy, then buy a SUT Pro, more cost effective and u still have a buggy. moreover u have 2 vehicles that can share ~85% of their parts.

sometimes w/this truck, i start wishin i bought the revo...how peculiar.

-Ult

rx7r695p said:
I don't know if I should put the Storm Pro buggy up against Kyosho and Mugen this summer race season..

The storm pro is a great buggy and the parts are easy to find online. Put up to a mugen or kyosho, it really depends on how good of a driver you are more then anything else.

I know plenty of terrible mugen mbx5 drivers =)

GS Racing

Dude you are so right on ..... I'll keep you posted on how bad I beat these Mugen's and Kyosho.... If Marty Korn of GS can do it so can I... I've beat him already....